Curious why my ENT ordered tooth extraction.

Posted , 4 users are following.

CT SCAN: image

Hello! I'm curious as to why my ENT would order tooth extraction as a solution to my Chronic Sinusitis.

February 2019, I begun to smell foul odor that only I can smell coming from "inside" my nose.

October 2019, a tooth abcsess begun to form outside my gum, my dentist performed a root canal to get rid of the infection.

November 2019, I went to an ENT had gotten a CT Scan and was told that even if my tooth underwent a root canal I still need to get it extracted and then get my right maxillary sinus "drained".

I thought my tooth would be clear of infection, and I'm just wondering why it still need to be pulled.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It does seem weird. Dentists do crazy things sometimes, my dentist drilled a hole in my gum, and told me i need it. I suffered pain for years on and off because of it. Be careful and examine the facts before making the decision because the choice is yours. I thought the issue would be breathing problems and not tooth issues. I guess you may a second and third opinion before deciding, all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.