Curley Toe Correction - post op concerns

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I broke and dislocated my little toe two years ago, it didn't heal in the correct place and has spent most of the last two years sitting on my fourth toe ! A week ago I had a K-Wire fitted and the tendon cut to try and put the little toe back in place .. The last two days I have had sharp stabbing pains in the top and side of my foot and the fourth toe next to it has started to look swollen and purple. All I have done this week is sit with my foot elevated and sleep! Is it time to call them and ask? I'm in the worst pain I have been in since day 2...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah

I had that same sharp pain after surgery too.

Its your tendons and nerves finding their way back to their resting place afyer surgery so my surgeon said.

Swelling is pretty normal too for quite a while but purple us a bit odd . Ide call them.

Keep it elevated and rest as much as possible and do eat well. It certainly speeds up the healing process along with sleep. Have you tried painkillers?

Nikky

• Posted

I think will call about the colour of it! I'm taking ibroprofen, paracetamol and codeine staggered every four hours...and it's still painful!
    • Posted

Hi again Hanah

I see. Do call them . I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Nikky

• Posted

So sorry to hear this. Have you been prescribed pain meds, elevating resting and icing. I have had three different sets of foot surgery in the past five years and my experience is that the foot does not like any interference and LOUDLY protests with pain and swelling. Always occupies me with a lot of worry, concern and discomfort. But, experience also shows me that everything about my foot is a moving target and what hurts and concerns one day, is gone the next!! Hope you get an answer to your concern
    • Posted

Thank you they tried to operate on the same toe a year ago and it didn't work. The reason I'm so concerned now is because the pain wasn't nearly as bad last time ... But this was a bigger surgery so that might be why!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.