Curling Tong Burn On My Neck

Posted , 5 users are following.

I burnt my neck 4 days ago it has started to scab and it's a dark brown colour .. it's really starting to itch and looks really bad because of the colouring. I'm feeling really paranoid and upset about it .. will it scar? Will it stay this colour? Wish I could post a picture ...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Were did u burn it  it probs will scar but make up should cover this anyway dont be paranoid or upset you will be fine
    • Posted

I burnt my neck. Will the scar fade over time? How long does it take to heal? I'm so clumsy and it just upsets me as it's not exactly somewhere where I can cover 😩

• Posted

Was it a wet or dry burn, where on neck is it and have you had it looked at, you can get a special plastic type covering that sticks over it and helps healing.
    • Posted

I don't know the differenc between a wet or dry burn? I burnt it using the curling tongs so a dry burn? It's in the side of my neck. I went into boots pharmacy but they didn't really look at it as in examine it but they could see it. They gave me savlon advanced healing cream.

• Posted

If its dry which it obviously is and they gave you cream to put on I would just use that, it will eventually fade and be maybe a bit white which will cover with make up
    • Posted

Thank you for the reassurance ... can already see a little difference since using the cream .. it's just an ugly sight during the healing process. Suppose it's got to get worse before it gets better right?! Loool ??

• Posted

Have to be patient, it will heal fine, just don't rub or pick at it, which I'm sure you want, be careful next time you use them, maybe put towel round neck if your unsure

• Posted

The only time I touch it is when I'm cleaning it to apply the lotion and applying the lotion ...! Definitely won't be using them anytime soon .. I have had Burn from hair appliances before but usually on legs or hands where they've dropped so this has put me off.

Thanks again for your reassurance ??

• Posted

i burned my arm badly once and was told you put on aloe vera plant juice. I have not a single scare. You can buy it in a bottle, keep it in the frig or you can get a plant and cut a piece off and rub it on. Do it several times a day. smile

• Posted

It seems to be healing really nice but there Defo will be some sort of scar there. Do I use the aloe Vera once the scab has come off?
    • Posted

put it on several times a day till it is gone. it is best to use it the second the burn happens, but it iwll still heal.  You can drink it too for internal healing too, but it tastes nasty.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.