Currently get pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got awarded pip September last year but since then Ive been under mk circle and they diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and ibs ive been to see my doctor today as i was ment to start 3new types of medications on top of all my other medications but instead she wants to test me for cfs which i dont quite understand but also i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i do have cfs would this affect my claim at all?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Having a diagnosis won't make any difference, it's how your conditions affect you daily that gets a PIP award. If you report worsening of conditions they'll send you another PIP2 form like the first time you applied. Then you'll have to fill this out and do exactly what you did the very first time you applied. This will mean you'll most liekly have to attend another face 2 face assessment. They could either keep your award the same, increase it or even stop it completely and you'll lose everything. It has been know for people to report changes then go on to lose everything they have. Be very careful and think hard before deciding to report any changes. When is your award until?

• Posted

Which means they'll contact for a review September 2017, as they always contact 1 year before an award is due to end. That's not that long to wait. If it was me i wouldn't risk it and wait for the review. Review forms are so much easier than the PIP2 ones as well. Choice is yours of course.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.