currently in a very bad place

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can i take diazapram 5mg to try and calm down nd then take 15mg if mirt later. or is this a a bad idea, making myself stay in to try and keep safe music playing loud can't do my breathing techniques as too much in a state.......thanks..............can't even phone anyone as in no fit state to talk so I'll try here or just go out and stuff it....

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Tina, are you OK?
    • Posted

no not really im sobbing my heatt iut got horrible images in my head that won't go away. i;m scared and i've got reADY to go out fro a drive to try and get rid of these images as I don't want anythinjg to happen at home...but I don't want amything to happen whem I'm out either so I thougjt diazapram might help or not I just don't know whats what at he moment....
    • Posted

Hi Tina, don't go for a drive if you are upset, a fast walk around the block to clear your head maybe?
    • Posted

Tina, it sounds like you need to visit the hospital emergency department. The last place you need to be is behind the wheel of an automobile. Please take care of yourself. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! You are in a crisis situation right now, let someone else (hospital) make decisions for you. David
  • Posted

Hi Tina, can you take a smaller dose than 5mg of diazepam, 1 or 2mg sometimes help me to ride it out. Hang in there, anything in paticular on your mind?
    • Posted

i#ve onl y got 5mg I suppose i could try and cut them in half but would that be enough. The only thing in my mind at the moment to to tey and stop these images and thoughts make then go away---options is take drugs to calm down, go out for a mad drive or actiion them which I don't want to do deep dpwn but  they wont go away at he moment. 
    • Posted

I cut my diazepam in half, and sit in front of the telly and try and focus on that. Don't drive, please! Jump up and down like a jumping jack, drink a glass ofncold water, look at the tv screen and focus on it. Write back to us, we will try to help as much as we can. Do you have a friend who could come over?
    • Posted

I live out in rthe counrysie I ll go out for a WALK , been drinking water, couldn't concenrtrate o nthe tv don'rt want to bother the hospital as I don't want to be admitted. I know your are all trying to help me and i know I asked fir help fron here I just need tio vent and scream and shout get rid of this. So sorrry everyone feeling a bit better not al ot but a bit  
    • Posted

Hi Tina, good to have a vent and let it out. I hit those places too. Porridge sometimes helps me in the evenings, comfort food and something warm inside. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Well, I guess you know how much others care, and you are not alone. Don't think that you are bothering anyone when you ask for help. And, I live in the US, and spent my life working in the medical / rescue field 31.5 years. I think, and would give advice based on our way of handling emergencies. And injuries of the "mind" are just as much, in some cases, as any other injuries, and need treatment as well. I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but I just had a prayer for you. David
    • Posted

Back from my walk, its getting dark here now, still crying but not so up tight the thoughts are still there but not as vivid. Thank you David for your prayer and Cintapoppy for your concern, I think I wil be able to speak now so I am going the ring the Samaratins who have helped me too in the past when I have been in very difficult positions. Thanks you so much for your support you don't know how much they mean to me as I feel so alone....

Thankyou 

Tina

• Posted

Glad you went for a walk, hope your talk with the samaritans helps. Good luck and take care.
    • Posted

Hi Tina, just picked up on your posting, glad to see you are getting support here, and some good advice. Driving after taking benzo meds is not advisable so glad you took the walk instead. One thing to remember is that exercise can have similar effect to a sedative medicine, and it is obviously preferable to taking a med. It doesn't necessarily fix things but provides some relief. I am trying to get out on my bike or running and although it is not something I am enjoying like normal it does help calm things. If you are in the countryside are there good places to walk? and Maybe take a music player with you and pop the headphones in. Planning the walk before you go out gives you something else to focus on too. Maybe there is someone you know who has a dog that needs walking? Hang in there Tina.
    • Posted

Hi I didn't take the diazapram in the end, as still unsure about mixing them. I have loads of places to go walking living in Scotland, quite often have my music playing too, but I do enjoy hearing the birds singing or the peace and quiet. Cycling or running is not for me, never been a runner even in my school years. I do attend the gym several times a week and swim.Do you run or cycle long distances or just for pleasure. 

Bed soon as got to get up early tomorrow to catch 7.30 bus for a days training. What fun!!!

I am feeling a lot calmer now thanks to everyone these things just seem to hit me out of no where. Cheers Tina

• Posted

I'm glad to hear you are ok and hope you have a good nights sleep. I have run marathons before and done some bigger cycling events. Right now as mentioned it's a little bit of a way to clear the way I am feeling. I would be reaching for a sedative some days but not keen on taking them, 3.5 weeks since I last took one and not keen on taking them again.
    • Posted

Good for you I'd struggle running for the bus. Lol that's made me smile better go to bed while the goings good. Night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.