Curved Penis - Early sign of Peyronie's Disease ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm in my late-30s and I have had a straight penis for the longest time I can remember, but it seems to have gotten somewhat curved in recent years (picture attached). It is also similarly bent when erect, but I can't say it affects negatively sexual intercourse... at least not yet. Is this an early sign of peyronie diseases ?

It is really about the weird curvature and more importantly the fact it seems to worsen with time. Rightly or wrongly, I'm getting more and more self-conscious about it. Is this a cause for concern? Should I address this medically before it gets even worse ? . Doesn't it look somewhat weird? It was not shaped like that when I was in my 20s. Any feedback is welcome, medical or otherwise. Thank you!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

yes and no you do not have to do anything unless function is an issue.

• Posted

your penis looks just fine, stop being self conscious about it. if anything the curve gives it character with bonus points for the little veins. J

• Posted

started to have a similar curvature when I hit my mid 50s and I could then feel a slight bump on the side of the shaft and became more painful after a few years. Got treated with Xiaflex and it helped, but still was never 100%. watchout for slight pain and bumps

• Posted

did you meet with an urologist after all ? started medication ? just curious

• Posted

Yes I did see an urologist after all. It comes down to pain or lack of thereof and I have none. Then it comes down to functionality during sex, and that is fine also even with the curvature. As per the look or the aesthetics of it, if there is such concerns in the case of a penis, it is what it is.

• Posted

mine is bent also, but more downward and I'm pretty sure it resulted from a vigorous sexual intercourse I can recall at the time. not sure if it qualified as a ''fractured penis'' per say but after a little bruising it never fully recovered. your bent must surely have resulted from a small trauma of some sort. it just doesn't start to bend like that for no reason... buy hey, if it's functional, who cares. good luck

• Posted

Is that fully erect? Looks to me like sex would be difficult, is it?

• Posted

The curve is similar when erect, but maybe a little less pronounced, and no it does not affect sex and it doesn't hurt ... at least not yet. To be quite frank, at this stage, it is more of an aesthetics issue (assuming it stops bending as years go by coz it wasn't curved like that 10 yrs or so ago!)... it just keeps on looking to the right ! I'm just more and more self-conscious about it.

• Posted

nope, obviously it is not fully erect

• Posted

• Posted

Hi Maxzorin

I have the exacted same problem but I now have pain I've had it for a year do you know of any cure for it? I've been to a Urologist and he didn't really help only surgery was the option.

I am self-conscious about it I just want it fixed 😦

• Posted

Hi RyanWeb23,

I've heard of Xiaflex as a potential medicine, but I've not gone that far in the treatment since, in my case, I have no pain. As the urologist I saw said, ''no pain, no worry''. For me it was, and still is, more of an aesthetics/self-conscious issue.

Just curious, but do you feel pain only while erect ? Sometimes, it is also good to get a second opinion, maybe a visit to another urologist would be a good idea.

M

• Posted

Hi Maxzorin

Thanks for your response and yes I have heard of Xiaflex injections not sure weather to have that done or not looks quite painful, I've also looked in to other treatments (traction device, vacuum device, injections and sugary)but theirs mixed opinions if they work. The Urologist I went to only suggested sugary but he didn't recommend it as you can get a lot of complications and it may even make the problem worse.

Regarding pain I do have it some times when I'm not erect but when I am erect its almost all the time. I am going back to see another Urologist hopefully he might have a solution if I find one from him I'll let you know. It may take 12-24 weeks to have the appointment though as I live in the UK and I'm going through the NHS but I'll let you know when I've had the appointment.

I have been waiting 4 weeks at the moment,

Thanks again for your response,

Ryan

• Posted

Hello sorry its been Months scines the last time I messaged you but I have now had the urology appointment. It didn't really go well he said about surgary again but didn't recomended it and said all the other treatments don't work, I also found him rude and I am very disappointed because I waited months for that appointment.

So I'm not sure what to do now I was maybe going to try using traction device and/or vacuum device.

How are you and have you had any luck?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.