cut finger

Posted , 3 users are following.

well, last night I managed to cut my finger on the bluntest knife you ever did see!! It was the tip, it was quite deep, but stopped after 20 mins and seemed alright over night. 

All day today it has been bleeding on/off (I work in cafe retail so I have to keep it covered no matter what and I know it needs air) but now I can not feel the tip of my finger? Don’t think it needs stitches, but wish it would stop bleeding now and it’s really hard to work on a cafe when you have to keep stopping to sort your finger out. Any suggestions? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As you say it is quite deep,wont stop bleeding and you cant feel the tip of your finger I think you should go to A/E.  Are your tetanus shots up to date?   If not, get one asap from your doctor..
  • Posted

This sounds like a workers compensation issue.  If correct, make sure you go to the doctor and get yourself healed up!  GOOD LUCK

• Posted

ps did you cut yourself at work?  Either way get YOURSELF checked out at doctor or ER office.  GOOD LUCK!~
  • Posted

Hi,

If the bleeding is not stopped, you need to visit the doctor ASAP.

Thanks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.