Cut my own toenails, all ten of them

Posted , 10 users are following.

sounds small i know but after two hips replaced one in feb 18, and one in November 18 I can finally stretch enough to reach my toes, and shave my legs all the things i used to take for granted. Sleeping on both sides and loving life with two good hips.

5 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

congrats I know that's a good feeling. I just starting to be able to get my socks on without help, but I still walk with limp when the weather is bad ( raining or snow) I had my surgery first of Sept. 2018 I hope it gets well. I am happy for you things we take for granted until we lose the ability. GOD is good

• Posted

That's awesome! None of those milestones are small. I'm one week away from my 1 year anniversary of my surgery. I've just started to feel like I'm getting back to normal. I think it will be about another six months or so before it feels completely normal.

• Posted

Great news. I'm pre op altho lots of activities gradually drip away with arthritis it's lovely to know some /most regain activities they'd been unable to do either pre op or immediately post op. I'd just assumed it was my age that toe nail cutting became a chore now I know it can be made a joy again - that and nail varnish on them lol.

• Posted

i know what you mean and share your joy the smaller things like this make such a difference I AM 8 months since bi lateral i have got my life back right side a bit tight sometimes when ive sat for too long well done x

• Posted

thanks for this post. Really need to hear the positive stuff to keep me optimistic 10 days after LHR. I wish you continued success.

• Posted

Ernie,

keep you chin up, ten days is nothing is it? Yes, the early days can be tough with various aches, limps, tightness etc., It is surprising how quickly the year passes. I counted everyday post then suddenly realized I had stopped counting, probably after joining the leisure centre and returning to my beloved pilates which really helped with lower back pain and flexibility also, enrolled in step aerobics and zumba. I am now looking forward to my first anniversary post op on the 11th April.

Go with any ups and downs, there will be downs but only temporary, just push on through these short periods. Good luck for your recovery. 😁😁

• Posted

I really love all these positive long term replies. I'm pre op and it warms my heart and head to know that hopefully I can get back a few years of activity I've lost thro arthritis. Getting excited and the thought of Zuma gold lol. THANKS 😃

• Posted

Thanks . Looking forward to my new life with my new hip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.