Cut off a friendship with someone who has Bipolar Disorder

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone:

Last week, a friend of mine posted some concerning things on snapchat. She was saying that she doesn't want to be on earth anymore and ended up posting a picture of her driving while on too much klonopin. This frightened me very much. I snapchatted my friend back and texted her but there was no response and I decided to message her mom and let her know that my friend could be in danger. My friend found out that I did this and called me and proceeded to tell me that I am a loser who has no friends among several other hurtful things. This upset me very much and I apologized to my friend but nothing seemed to work. I decided to unfriend her on all the social media platforms. My friend found out about this and texted me saying that she was very hurt by this and now she was all alone despite telling me over the phone that all of her real friends brought her ice cream instead of telling her mom. I feel really bad about everything that went on, but I am mostly worried that my actions are going to drive her to kill herself. Please give me advice on how to deal with this because i feel awful.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.