Cut off, left adrift, feel dejected

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone. i am trying to train to listen to people, i want to counsel people, just listen to others, just help, but NO told i was too emotional. how did the course organisers think a counselling course was going to make us feel. our hearts are NOT made of stone.... would you be put off? the college also said due to my dyslexia i wouldn't be able to research alone. i just feel like someone has belted the stuffing out of me.....

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

if this is something you truly want to pursue, don’t ever give up! Did you know that Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Edison, Pablo Picasso all had dyslexia? Thomas Edison attempted to invent the lightbulb 1000 Times until he was successful. That had nothing to do with his dyslexia , It’s just a very difficult thing to get going. But thank goodness he did!

there are many other famous people with dyslexia who were very successful. it’s not about the issues we have, it’s about how to go around them and find ways to do what we want to do in life. There’s always a way.

you need to find people who support you. Don’t let others tell you that you can’t do something. Go for it and I wish you the best!

• Posted

hi jim, i taught for years to dyslexic children and am dyslexia myself. her comments over that. this course was a counselling course, what did the tutor think would happen to people as they went along it? people did get emotional yes. the tutor decided she had favourites and because i wasn't one of them i think she just binned me off with an excuse. i just want to listen and help people like i've done on these forums for years. i don't see why have human feelings would interfere with doing my job. if you focus on someone else's problems your own pale into significance. i won't give up, why should i? i am cross more than anything. i work like a dog at things that i want and as for research on my own, i prefer that. thanks for caring. are you ok?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.