Cuts/sores?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi everyone, i was wondering if LS can cause sores, or like raw skin that is sore. My vagina seems to have lightened in color slightly, and at the bottom there are like white/light pink raised areas, smooth and dry to touch. Along the side there is also whiteness but in between patches are sores. could the dryness have caused cuts while being rough and examining?

thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

hi Ella

I suffer if I dont lubricate especially if Im walking or doing exercise so examining would cause similar issues- I try not to look too much as it does aggrevate but you need to know whats going on so its a rock and a hard place!

Dryness is definately not good so keep lubing with whatever suits!

Its a horrid thing- Ive been invited to a motorbike off roading day but difficult to say why I can do it!

Hope it gets better x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yes Ella, anything that stretches the skin there can. lots of care and gentleness will help. Be careful when drying yourself there, be very gentle and remember to moisturise as often as you can.

I had to get rid of my exercise bike too. Not a nice lesson to learn!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've got a flareup just now. A patch of white plaque that has a fissure. I'm using my clob and moisturising as much as I can... its my own fault, I was clear and stopped taking care of it, so back to the drawing board . Hope yours heals up again.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes it can do this. If you move your thumb from your other fingers you will see the skin stretch and I guess if this was red and sore and cut it would hurt. On examination I am very sore I think its the skin stretching, also have ulceration at the fourchette area which is the area you maybe mean. The pale area should go with dermovate and moisturising as well.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes it is my fourchette area. Is it normal to get sore cuts with LS? The dryness is leading me to think its LS and not HSV. if i rub on the skin it looks like the skin is like peeling... have you experienced this? with cuts/sores?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had very sore cuts before I used Dermovate then they seemed to heal but I have flares of soreness sometimes I think seams on leggings does it. I cant get rid of the ulceration at the fourcette area they feel like raised gritty feeling apparently I got told the skin has thinned there not just because of L S but menopause as well. I get it checked twice a year,

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up