Cutting down on alcohol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am drinking larger which is 2.8percent I want to stop but can't I have thought about tapering off each day would I be safe to do that

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

How much are you drinking? I would say that yes gradually cutting down slowly would be the safest way.

I'm not a professional by any means, I'm just going off my own experiences.

Speckled Gecko

• Posted

Depends exactly just how much 2.8% larger you’re drinking and for how long, before I’d say it was extremely safe.

I am not a medic, just someone who was never successful at tapering. Tried doing it loads of times.

However, tapering if done slowly and realistically, is much better than just stopping and going cold turkey.

• Posted

You would get cerebral oedema and Die from that before you would get Alcohol Poisoning at 2.8%. So again, your plan sounds like a winner wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.