Cutting from 45mg to 30mg.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm cutting down on mirtazapine as I feel they are not working for me. I am also on venlafaxine 225mg. Is 30mg better for sleep than 45mg? 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Not sure about 45mg I've never had to go that high

the only thing I can say is that 15 mg are more 'sedating ' than 30mg for some reason

so my doc says

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I've never been on two anti depressants at the same time before. I've always just been on venlafaxine, but as I've had another bout of  depression they tried with me cutting down on venlafaxine and  upping mirt but that didn't work at all for my depression so they're trying it the other way round now. Also on a low dose of olanzapine for sleep and appetite.  Hope things start to improve soon. 
  • Posted

I've recently increased to 30mg from 15mg of Mirtazapine and the sedation is horrible and much worse than it was at the lower dose, I feel tired all the time and can't function! The fatigued hangover feeling lasts all day until my next dose. I might try cutting back down to 15mg to see if that helps me. 
    • Posted

Are you on mirt for depression or insomnia. Trying to taper off mirt as it's done nothing for my depression. I think taking two anti depressents aren't working for me. I haven't even got an appetite. A lot of people on mirt say that they can't stop eating. 
    • Posted

I'm on mirt for depression and also taking abilify as I have bipolar, It has helped my depression but the side effect of feeling so tired and groggy all day is really ruining it for me, I already lack motivation when I'm depressed so don't need the meds to be casuing it. much worse now I've upped to 30mg. I haven't experienced increased weight gain either my appitite is still low. 
    • Posted

I'm glad it's helped with your depression. It hasn't helped my depression at all. I'm also on olanzapine to help with sleep and appetite. Still no appetite as yet. I do feel groggy and a bit tired but I don't sleep during the day. I also lack motivation. It's so hard to have the get up and go do anything. 
    • Posted

I was on olanzapine but chnaged to abilify as it's meant to be betteri was told. I hate not being able to get up out of bed in the morning and feel like I want to actually do something, everythings a struggle!
    • Posted

its funny i was worst with the 15mg

although its early days on 30 mg only upped dose thursday

i feel better less groggy silly have slight muzzy head but nothing like before

• Posted

Interesting so upping to 30mg actually made you less groggy? I've been on 30mg since Tuesday and feel awful, so tired, foggy head no motivation and this started the first night I took 30mg.  
    • Posted

It's so difficult to know what to do with all these meds isn't it. I can't believe I'm on two meds that are meant to help me with appetite and it hasn't helped at all! 
    • Posted

Makes me wonder somtimes if Dr's actually know a thing about what they are prescribing! I guess we are all different, if one med works for somebody it doesn't mean it will work for everybody... Really difficult!
    • Posted

I've never been on 15mg. I was put straight on 30 then up to 45. I saw one gp who put me on mirt and then when I saw another gp she said she didn't think much of mirt! I've also seen two different psychatrists who both prescribed different meds! I just want to be on one anti depressant to see how I am with just one.
    • Posted

How's your weekend been so far. Any improvement? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.