Cutting my 20mg pill in half to continue on 10mg, instead. Side effects getting to me.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I took my fourth pill yesterday. I have been taking them as soon as I get into bed. Whilst I have been feeling drowsy, nauseous and have this odd foul flatulence, I had my worst reaction to it today. I felt so fatigued I thought I was going to faint when walking outside. I think 20mg might be to strong to start with since I have never taken meds for anxiety before. Is this a reasonable thing to do after four 20mg tablets?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes its fine to do this to let it build up in your system and many people recover on 10mg. I did the first time I was on citralopram. Just give it the full 4 to 6 weeks to see some improvement. It may take longer to fully recover. Dont do what Ive done and up your dose if you have a blip/side effects. Good luck

• Posted

i recovered on ten .so yes you can stick with 10 .best regards

• Posted

hi

i started on 20mg and went down to 10mg and have stayed on that ever since i have the odd blip but nothing major i get through them . Stick at it its toigh to begin with but you will get there

• Posted

I was on 10mg of cit for years and they worked well for me.

I'm on sertraline at the moment, day 14 and still feeling awful. try and stick with it. everyone says it will be worth it.

• Posted

i just started too. I am on day 17 and today in class I got hot flashes,chills, and nausea. Is this normal?

• Posted

My doctor said I should take this medication in the mornings after eating.

IF your doctor prescribed 20 mg then go with it. I think they know what & why they are doing.

It takes time to become effective so do not give up .

Try to find yourself ONE day per week to truly RELAX if you can - I have found this is what really helps the most.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.