Cycle Accident - Concussion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - 7 Weeks ago I was in a cycle accident where I when head first into the side of a van about 26 mph. I went to A&E and had all of the normal checks no scan then I was discharged. I have seen my doctors since but nothing has been none. I have had an eye test and it was fine. What should I do now?

I have constant headache that is always there and flares up making me feel dizzy and sick. I don't like taking tables so I am avoidng paracetamol but now having to take it as head doesn't feel like it is getting better. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

this sounds very much like post concussion syndrome, check out the patient info leaflet from this site:

https://patient.info/health/post-concussion-syndrome

If you're worried about your health see your GP. Just in case if you start feeling really unwell, become drowsy, have a very severe headache (worst pain ever kind thing) neck stiffness, loss of vision etc go to A&E, do not drive yourself.

This just takes time to resolve unfortunalty, not much else which can be done.

best wishes 

aa

• Posted

Thanks for this I think I may go back to the doctors as it is affecting me at work as unable to concentrate and the pain from my head is hideous.

• Posted

I do so hope that you recover very soon...I agree, you should see your Dr again soon....wishing you good luck and hope that you are pain free very, very soon....hugs mate...dee xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.