cycle pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 43 years old and have been on the combined pill for over 20 years - I was advised to come it off as I now have increased blood pressure.  I stopped taking the pill on 26/3 and had the withdrawal bled - i then didnt start the new packet 7 days later, however for the last 48 hours I have had terrible period pain in my stomach side and back and with spotting - if my calculations are correct this should be mid cycle - Im assuming these symptoms are a sign that my body is now adjusting to coming off the pill and kick starting itself?  has anyone else experienced this when coming of the pill?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I came off the pill half a year ago. I wasn't on it for anywhere near as long but I still experienced a lot of abnormalities which I was assured by my doctor were totally normal. I never used to get cramps when on my period but after coming off the pill I now frequently get them. Also my periods are only just starting to become more normal as when I first came off it would start at any time, last longer than a week, less than a week. Sometimes really light sometimes really heavy but I'd say that what you're experiencing is more than normal after coming off the pill especially after so long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.