Cycle starting to get shorter and irregular & now period length short

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've always had a somewhat regular cycle, usually 28-30 day cycle with a period length of 5-7 days.

The past 7 months or so I've started to become irregular with cycles lasting anywhere between 25-31 days. This month I started my period on day 25 and my period only lasted 3 days. It was decently heavy and had clots, which means it wasn't implantation bleeding.

I was just wondering if this type of random variation is normal?

I am 28 years old and not on any birth control.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

I have Premature Ovarian insufficiency (POI) basically i start preimenopause is my 20 and now at 31 am postmenopausal i.e i have not had a natural period in over 3 years. if preimenopause symptoms start before you are 40 you need to be checked to make sure your ovaries are still working. When mine started i was having period that were closer together and eventually become very irregular. i would recommend speak with your doctor as lots of other things can cause irregular periods like stress , diet etc. Also certain genetic conditions or autoimmune disorders mean your more likely to develop POI.

Hope this helps

Rachel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.