Cyclical Passing of Large Urine - PMS , End of Period and Ovulation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have a new symptom that I noticed has started in my perimenopause road trip. I suffer from OAB (5- 1000mg of pumpkin seed oil) helps me out. In addition, I have IC and I have a regime I follow via aloe vera pills, strict diet and prelief. In addition, I noticed that aside from these two issues I have certain time in the month (usually PMS, end of my period and end of ovulation) where I pee a lot (not just frequency but large amounts of urine). Has anyone else experienced this? I believe it is related to bloating caused by hormone changes. I don't feel terribly bloated and the increased urine amount only last a few hours to one day at best. I don't really use much salt, but I have also cut down even more. I read on another forum that a woman referred to it as cyclical large amount of urination.

PS. Due to OAB and IC I have had a lower MRI and came back without any issues. I have also been tested for bladder cancer, all infections, etc via a urogyn.

Would love to hear if anyone else has this issue....

Thanks!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Jen! Back in November I started to notice that I was passing LESS water at certain times of the month. I also noticed the my weight would increase as a result. I was extremely worried, I thought something was wrong with my kidneys. Then, I also noticed that a couple of days after my period started I would pass enormous amounts of water, and my weight on the scale went down. I've had this pretty much every month since November. I run several tests and I am supposedly healthy.

It must be the hormones!!! Lucky us

• Edited

Moira,

Thanks for your response! Since I have posted, I have really been tracking it and it has to be hormones. I also take a lot of supplements and some can act as a diuretic and i think they help move my extra hormonal fluid out when i gain weight. perimenopause is so draining with constant symptoms.

• Posted

What supplements do you take, if I may ask?

I am one week away from my periods and putting water weight on again, I would do with a gentle diuretic 😃

• Edited

Hi Moira,

I take currently 300 mg of magnesium glycinate to keep palpitations away. I also suffer from migraines around my period. My neurologist told me to increase my magnesium glycinate to as high as 800 mg a day. I only got to 500 and it started to give me a diuretic.

PS. I also know asparagus works as a diuretic and dandelion tee (which you can get on Amazon). 😃

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.