Cycling seat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.  Just wanted to report i purchased the Hobson Easyseat on Amazon.  There is an Easyseat2 but the original was only $29 and I was not sure it would work.  Have not been biking since my last try which was really painful with the standard seat.  Happy to report this device has two smallish rectangular padded separate seats that can be adjusted to only hit the outside of the buttocks...no horn or middle projectile.  Am very pleased with it and believe I can resume my regular bike routine.  Also, have not experienced any particular reaction to the chlorine in my pool altho I do shower shortly after swimming.  Use emu and coconut oils and cetaphil and aloe only when needed.  Am sort of a happy camper right now.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear you're doing so well.  These bike seats are great.  Had to find a good position at first but then I could go for a fairly long stretch again.  Freedom!

I'm still not that couragious with swimming.  Went into a lake, looked like fairly clear clean water, but not for long.  Need to build more self confidence again.

• Posted

I have seen that seat on tours but did not know where to buy it.  I'll check it out!   I just started going to the pool for exercise too as my knee and ankle has been bothering me with degenerative arthritis and the Dr suggested using the pool instead of walking.  And at the same time, my LS flared up after a long stretch of no problems.  How is the pool a direct factor?
    • Posted

Chlorine Woozie and lots of bacteria and you'll be at risk.  I was advised to stay out of public pools for sure.  I have just recently tried for a very short time, it was so extremely hot here,  a clean looking lake.  I didn't feel comfortable to stay in it for a long period of time, but just to cool off a bit.
  • Posted

Yes, always shower after being in a chlorine pool!  I was showering my daughter off at provided shower at a pool at a hotel we were vacationing at.  A doctor approached me and said how glad he was to see a mother doing that as it's so important to get the chlorine off your skin as soon as possible.  Glad the bike seat is working out for you.  I have a nicely padded one and as I'm doing only short trips it has been fine for me.  However, we have a new bike trail by where we live...so it's good to know something else is out there if I should find that I need it.  So thanks for the information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.