Cyclist Knee discomfot

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I'm active recreation road cyclist. my current fit in last year increase alot and first time in life, i can push over 300w of energy in pedals to hills etc.

Last week i went to local climby road 70mile, where i take unbelivable records. After second day, i started to notice spikes (spanking) in knee area. Under, lower(lef or right) not matter all around.

This pain or rather discomfort i feel takes on both legs. If i bend knees i feel left or right sometimes.

It is not any visual seen or even on a press. I hope it is not something injured, bones,etc

Thank you

Nice day,

Andrei

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

The first thing you need to do is stop...get off the bike right now before you make it worse. The second thing is to see an orthopedic surgeon from a group specializing in sports injuries...ASAP. Imaging will be done and may pinpoint your issue or be inconclusive. The key is the exam. With every push, pull and twist of your leg, the doc evaluates the entire knee. This will usually isolate your problem for treatment. But right now, you have to take it very easy on the knee/knees.

• Posted

I have a filling, i got some simmilar problem year ago, but it recovers in week. It looks like tired legs, maybe muscle cramps?

• Posted

If you suspect bursitis or any kind of inflammation, then have your doc RX a script for Voltaren Gel (generic diclofenac). This is the #1 topical anti-inflammatory on the planet. This is TOPICAL!!! Do not start taking pills that you don't need. Rub in liberally 3X/day. I have used this for decades for hip bursitis, lower back discomfort and especially when I had my left knee replaced over four years ago. If you're not better in 10 days, see an ortho for the exam.

• Edited

Hi Cemmac, Yes, at high level performance you should have knee pain checked out...I am sure you know, you also need to work your core, glutes, hips, knees OFF the bike as well...weakened muscles in the other areas put more strain on your knees...some athletes overlook the lateral strength of the knee, a hinge joint still needs lateral support...specific exercises for that...all these things together keep the knee tracking properly and avoids strain & injuries...you obviously love a challenge...Good Luck with the knees!!🍀

• Posted

I've had something very similar. Mine is only in the left knee. It sounds a lot like a bursitis or overuse to me. Therefore an inflammation has set in the knee. I found an unbelievable method for healing and pain relief. It is cheap, works and has no side effects. So risk free. It sounds unbelievable, but it works! I was very sceptical at first but what a surprise. It is an old remedy which is still in use in Hospitals in Germany. All you do is put a finger- thick layer of quark (plain fromage frais) onto the knee. Wrap clingfilm over it and then a towel over the top. Leave it on the knee for about an hour or more. Then simply unwrap and wash of. I stand in the shower and rinse it off. Do this twice a day if possible. You will see an improvement after your first day of treatment. keep doing this until all is better. The bacteria, low PH and enzymes draw the excess toxins out of the knee. Reducing the swelling, the inflammation and allowing a good blood flow aiding the healing of the joint. ASDA is selling "QUARK" for £ 0.79 per tub. You'll find it in the cheese aisle. Try it, you'll be surprised. Worked better for me than over the counter inflammatory cream like voltarol. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.