CYCLIZINE HORROR

Posted , 3 users are following.

FRIGHTENING VISUAL DISTURBANCES

THUDDING, DEEP PALPITATIONS

BREATHING DIFERENCES

UNABLE TO FORM SPEECH

IMPAIRED USE OF HANDS/ARMS

FEAR OF IMPENDING CARDIAC ARREST

I read one or two posts regarding the above drug before posting about my personal experience.

I was given a rapid IV dose and within minutes experienced the above symptoms.

I then went on to read many of the rest and was simply horrified - how can this be happening.

Anapylaxis is different to by the fact that it's a true allergic reaction experienced rarely, these symptoms

seem to be something of a "norm". Surely this shouldn't be happening.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

3 minutes ago

Hi

My mum was given this drug in 2011 and had a severe reaction to it, the hospital failed to document the reaction, the next day she was even sent home with it.

Last yr my mum was admitted to hospital again, and even though I told them not to give her it and explained what had happened in 2011, the doctor didn't listen to me and still gave her it. Seconds after she was given it she couldn't talk she was holding her head and chest, her blood pressure went over 200, she never spoke again she was unconscious, then 30 minutes later she was fitting and had to be put on a life support and taken to ICU. She then had a brain scan that showed she had a massive brain hemorrhage.

She under went emergency brain surgery.

She is now left with brain damage and needs full time care.

The hospital is trying to say it wasn't the drug that caused it ( even though her blood pressure went over 200)

We are going to fight this all the way.

Cyclizine should be banned.

• Posted

Hello Jojo37

That's so shocking. How distressing for your Mum and your family. I hope justice comes from this even though it can't change things. This must be doubly worse because of your Mum's previous encounter with the drug. Why can't they just say there is an anti-sickness drug if you want it but some people would rather hold off as the side effects can be worse than the sickness. They must know these aren't isolated incidences. It's a crying shame.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I was given the drug in 2012 and still have problems. I was due to have an operation last year in a private hospital. 2 anesthetised refused to give me an anaesthetic in a private hospital. Even with a high dependency unit. They said I had to have intensive care back up as my reaction was do bad.....surely this says it all. It's a shocking drug and should be banned..I hope you win your fight and you and tour family receive the support you need. Cc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.