Posted , 33 users are following.
I was taken into hospital with severely painful kidneys, and given morphine as pain relief. Unfortunately this gave me terrible nausea so I was given Cyclizine via IV. Within 10 seconds I went into anaphalactic shock and couldn't breath unassisted. I had to be given adrenalin and was on oxygen for a considerable time. For the next two days I couldn't urinate and had to be catheturised. It was a frightening and stressful experience. The attending doctor told me that it was unheard of for anyone to be allergic to this drug, and that my inability to pee was not connected. I am still trying to recover. More research needs to be done. I believe this drug is dangerous.
0 likes, 70 replies