Cymbalta?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am not taking any prescriptions for my fm at present.  I have taken plenty of things over the years and detoxed myself some time ago.  Just using over the counter pain meds  and moist heat, and exercise etc.  But now the pain and burning in my back legs and feet is too much to control on my own.  Also I have numbness in my feet and back and pins and needles in my hands.  I see the nurse on Monday and I am thinking of trying Cymbalta.  Does anyone have any experience with this medication?  I do not have a rheumatologist or a pain doc, so I have to rely on my useless doctor and the nurse practitioner, which means I have to make suggestions on my own behalf or I get nowhere.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

have you tried magneisum oil rubbed in into your legs and body i find that heps with pain and numbness , and stiffness .u could also try taking it as an internal mineral supplement for faster results . as for the drug you mentioned sorry i cant help ,but i am sure someone on he will. good luck.
    • Posted

thanks for the input.  I do take magnesium and b12 and vit. D but I never thought to rub magnesium oil on.  Good tip.
    • Posted

I get so sick of being moderated,,,for one little so called wrong word....I use a great homeopathic topical which has 11 pain solutions in it......good for nerve pain, I use it on my legs and arms and back etc....let me know if you want the name and I'll send you a message......
    • Posted

if you can still get in abath you can buy magnesuim flakes they are expensive but you feel lovely and relaxed and sleep like a baby .after a bath.oil does sting a bit its not harmful in anyway its a salt mineral apply to damp skin and just to be on the safe side ,try a small area first .good luck.
    • Posted

Did you check the drug for the laundry list of possible side effects....everyone is different for sure, and what may affect one may not affect the other....I remember someone saying it was a job coming off it.....take care. 
    • Posted

I am sure it is hard to wean off.  I was put on Paxil years ago and it took me four months to taper off.  Terrible withdrawls.  I feel I am running out of options for controling symptoms though.  I have to keep up with my four year old and two teenagers even if I am dying and it is getting tough with the pain and nausea.
    • Posted

That's why I do all supplements, never completely out of pain, but no side effects or withdrawals or addictions or or or......we all choose.....J
  • Posted

Hi Kari, I am on Cymbalta and I find it really agrees with me although it did take a while.  I started it in January/feb and it definately does helps take away my aches and pain, I sleep better and am more relaxed.  Think it would be worth trying.  I have tried citalopram and a few others but they didnt do much for me. 

Hope this helps.

Take care  Martina x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if it made you nauseous at all?  I already suffer terrible nausea and don't want that symptom worse lol.  Appreciate your input.
    • Posted

Hi Kari, it was that long ago, I cant really remember, but Im sure if I had of been really bad I would have...lol Sure it is worth trying even if for a short while.

Martina x

• Posted

Kari, have you worked with alternatives for FM?   It's all I do.

To continue with only drugs for the FM is not very productive....thinking back to all yrs with this and talking with so many people, So Many start with the drugs and end up with a lot of supplements......some take a couple drugs maybe and all supps then..   Our US tv is loaded with drug ads and so with FM drug ads.....certainly not my cup of tea for healing.

Dealing with terrible nausea, how horrible....I take DGL which is a stomach protector/tamer and this sounds like something that could help your stomach.....too much acidity causes that stomach mess...   

If and when I feel a little off in stomach which does  not happen often, thank goodness, I'll take a 1/4 tsp or so in a half glass water....it's neutralizing to the acidic stomach.    J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.