cymbalta 60 mg for major depression. Experiences?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey. I took cymbalta 60 mg for major depression and stress 4 years ago. Only sideeffect was sweating and brain zaps when withdrawing from cymbalta. Otherwise I never felt better. When I quit I gradually returned to my old depressed self. Now I'm thinking of starting with cymbalta 60 mg again. But I'm afraid of the horrible side effects such as brain zaps. Should I be worried if cymbalta worked so well the first Time?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Gomez 

im taking 120mg of Cymbalta for major depression. What I wanted to say was this (and I hope you don’t mind me banging the drum we gear so often) the side effects do get better in time and the benefits outweigh the time spent suffering I feel. I don’t know if you went straight on 60mg but if you did an option would be to start at the lower dose of 30mg and go up slowly to your target dose, it does help reduce the intensity of the side effects.

secondly my psychiatrist always asks me what has worked in the past - it seems if a drug has worked well for you in the past it may well do so again. I know that’s not always the case but it is more often than not - I think you need to talk this through with whoever is your prescribed and try to find a way forward. All the drugs have some side effects and it sounds like you need some help right now.

im here if you want to talk it through anymore.

im wishing you well x

• Posted

Ad's only 'cure' you whilst you are on them!  They help you to feel better and more able to deal with your issues, usually through counselling.  Otherwise when you come off them nothing has changed and you run the risk of your depression returning.  I agree to speak to your doctor.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.