cynocoblamin or methilcoblamin?

Posted , 3 users are following.

What injection I should use cynocoblamin or methilcoblamin? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was given hydro social an in, the norm for drs surgeries, but I've just been given folic acid as my levels were low, hoping the two combined will do the job, its been 3 weeks now since 6th injection, not noticed a difference yet, except an itchy rash, good luck with yours,,are you self injecting then ??

• Posted

There is no difference in the amount of cobamalin in either cyano, hydroxo or methylcobamalinn except that the latter two are "supposed" to "work for" longer (3 months) in the bloodstream than cyanocobamalin (4 weeks).

The main considerations then are cost and availability

It is also important that your Folate level is monitored as this is essential to process the B12.

There is a complex interaction between folic acid, vitamin B12 and iron. A deficiency of one may be "masked" by excess of another so the three must always be in balance.

Symptoms of a folate deficiency can include:

symptoms related to anaemia

reduced sense of taste

diarrhoea

numbness and tingling in the feet and hands

muscle weakness

depression

Folic acid works closely with vitamin B12 in making red blood cells and helps iron function properly in the body.

I am not a medically trained person but I've had P.A. (a form of B12 deficiency) for more than 45 years and on cyanocobamalin 1mg injections every four weeks.

I wish you well 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.