Cyst causing premature menopause symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Could a cyst on your ovary (only remaining ovary) cause premature menopause symptoms?

I had the bloodwork done exactly 12 months ago and all was well, but am now experiencing symptoms.

I did have a stillbirth five months ago, and have been put on birth control for a week cause I am having a procedure done soon.

Would it be more likely to be the BC pills causing the sudden mild hot flashes?? Or maybe the hormone changes of birth?

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

It can, I have one on my remaining ovary, n the hot flushes are awfull , doc explained that the ovary's functions are being tampered by cyst.

• Posted

Thanks for the answer.

I still ovulate and have periods on time..would that be effected too?

What kind of cyst do you have?

• Posted

Mine are but I've been off there anyway, but it can make it hard to ovulate I'm told.

I've got a 6cm fluid cyst on tube and 24/26cm dermoid cyst in ovary.

X

• Posted

Wow! 24cm???!! That probably hurts!

Are they going to remove it?

• Posted

Lol it kills sometimes, can't do much. Yes I'm waiting for surgery (but been waiting since October last year!!) They gonna remove all but the usterus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.