Cyst could be cancerous...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, most people have probably read

My first post. But was told three days ago that there is a grey patch on my CT scan which they are concerned could be cancerous. Has this happened to anyone else before? If so can you give me some information on what happens? Also awaiting blood results, they said they would call me tomorrow with results. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes the exact same thing. After my ultrasound and ct scan I was told my cyst was suspected malignant. Truth is they can't actually tell anything for certain until it is removed and they can do tests on it. Mine wasn't actually malignant but was a borderline cyst. Even bloods won't tell anything for certain. Next step will likely be your operation date. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you xx

• Posted

Hi I read your first post as I have 3 small complex cysts on my right ovary that they are watching. could you tell me have you had an ultrasound scan and was the grey patch on your ovary where your cyst is ? I have to have a ct scan if the next scan shows the cysts still there.its so worrying isn't it.have you had the ca 125 blood test ? Feel free to talk as it does help.good luck Michelle xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, i have had a normal ultrasound, a CT scan and recently a internal ultra sound (i think this is where they seen the grey patch) as when i had the other ultra sound, the doctor said he couldnt see much due to the cyst covering my stomach etc? Therefore he then sent me in for a CT.

I have had my bloods taken twice for the LDH levels and both come back unsuccessful due to clotting in the tube (so they say...) had my third bloods taken on Thursday, and the hospital have said they will call me today with results! Putting it to the back of my mind as dont want to worry myself! Is the CA125 the same as LDH?

thanks x

• Posted

Hi so the Dr scan picked up a grey patch on internal scan I tinder what the grey means exactly ? I wonder if anyone on here knows for you who has had the same thing.the ca125 is not the same as the LDH no,ca125 is a tumour marker but my gyno said it is unreliable even tho mine came back at 24,I think 0-35 is normal range.have you had this blood test done too? I just looked at LDH test for you and I think it looks more at tissue etc. please message me anytime and let me know the results today.lots of love Michelle xx
    • Posted

Im going to be honest and say im not too sure, but i think it may of come up on the internal scan. Because no one has mentined the grey patch ever since last Thursday. Bloods come back, LDH fine but CA125 come back as 39?? They also just told me that the surgeons looked over my scans and want me to go in Wednesday for a meeting with them and to arrange a date for my operation and take another two bloods! Its never ending :-(
    • Posted

39 is fine don't worry it is slightly ever so slightly raised and that can happen for many reasons,cysts fibroids menstruation etc my dr told me.im so glad your other blood test came back fine๐Ÿ˜ŠI have private messaged you too ๐Ÿ˜Š they are looking after you very well take care Michelle xxx
  • Posted

Hello,

This has happened to myself, I had a 36cm cyst removed early Jan via laparotomy along with my right ovary which they found a small about of mucinous cancer cells within the cyst! They believe they have caught it all but I have to have a endoscopy & colonoscopy at the end of March to make sure it isn't anywhere else and then another ct scan in about 6 months.

So sue I right they won't be able to actually confirm what's inside the cyst until they remove it and test it. Also sometimes this doesn't show on the CA125 blood test as mine came back normal which baffles me to be honest, but about 3 weeks before my operation I was in severe pain with the cyst.

The best thing you can do at this point is stay positive which I what I have learnt to do and listen to your body if you have any persistent pains just get yourself checked by your doc etc!! Hope everything goes ok!! Take care xx

• Posted

More than likely this is benign, please let us know...this would b helpful!

good luck to you!

xx

ย ๐Ÿ™

• Posted

The doctor told me same thing. I had a 9 cm complex cyst. It was removed by keyhole surgery. My ovary and fallopian tube was removed also. It was all benign. Good luck to you. My CA 125 was taken 3 times..once it was 13 then 11 then 9

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.