Cyst excision, now have sinus tract chronic infection, anyone else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I've had problems with a vulval cyst since 2017 and had surgery twice. Thought it was a Bartholin's but after getting a Bartholins (post surgery on the other side) I realised the first one wasn't.

I have had it deroofed and an excision but still have ongoing puss, itchyness and discomfort. The lymph node in my groin is constantly aching and palpable.

At long last I have a diagnosis. I have a 2.5 cm long sinus tract left from not healing fully post surgery. I received stitches, when I believe it should have been left open to hear from the base like a burn. I am now facing more surgery.

It really does sap your energy and positivity. I have tried all the alternative remedies (including a full detox diet which included a water fast for 3 days).

Just posting in case anyone has been in a similar situation and has any experiences to share.

It is a lonely affliction which today is really getting me down.

Much love to all fellow sufferers.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hiya

i think you and i were in past talks.

i had this after gland removal and my gland pathology came back healthy but i still had a painful lump/ sinus tract. i just had surgical excision 5 days ago by. like you i have been in pain for a long time. im not going to lie this surgery recovery is brutal but hopefully i can now start to heal.

• Posted

Hi, sorry for slow response. How are you healing? Hope you are feeling a lot better.

I think one of the issues when you have surgery is the after care is very hit and miss. Like you say it is an awful place to have surgery and it can be difficult to tell if it's normal healing or if something is wrong...

• Posted

hi there

how are you? I had surgery 4 months ago. would really like to discuss this with you privately if possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.