Cyst for 2 months. PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been dealing with my bartholin cyst for two months now and have had it lanced 4 times only for it to return after a few days--2 times infected which landed me in urgent care and in the ER. Right now, the cyst is not infected, but is just there. Are there any suggestions for what to do when the cyst is not infected, there is no head? Should I just let it be, or should I do sitz baths/ hot compresses? Any past experience would be much appreciated. Thank you

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm doing the bath thing now and the hot compression thing. Mine has no head too sad
  • Posted

I am in the same situation. I am just scared.
    • Posted

Me too as soon as I noticed it I got really scared
    • Posted

I am taking Serraapeptase - today is my 4th day taking, so far no change. 
    • Posted

SerrapAptese did not help me and neither did Silicea this time
    • Posted

Has it helped yet?? Have you tried the hot baths too?
  • Posted

Hi Ladies,

Sam...I have been where you are.  I learnt to realise that hosptials treat the current problem not the root of the problem.  It is crying material to get it sorted at the hospital then it comes back.  Oh the tears...sending you a hug.

You need to experienment with natural remedies...so you have control.  

I have aced mine through trying a million things!  

I have been slack on taking the SerrapAptese in the last two months.  

Wednesday morning I could feel that dull pain of its coming and there is nothing I can do.  Sunday I drove for 5hrs and my underwear dug into me a bit...I think it encouraged to block the gland.  

Wednesday afternoon it was there.  It pops up to probably about 2 marbles for me.  I got home Wednesday and took twice the recommend SerrapAptese and continued taking the normal amount for the rest of the week.  

I then got my silica spray (all other silica's have NEVER worked for me).  I spray directly onto the cyst and try and get a bit up inside me...it tingles.  Please private message me if you want the silica I use.  I have tried to post the brand but they delete my message.  Thursday I sprayed ever hour.  Now one thing I havent written much about on this site is I use black walnut also.  When I was in a similar position as you Samsummers thinking "is this my future life"....I bought a whole heap of second hand womens health natural books.  I came across black walnut as the main ingredient.  I went to my health shop/natural products shop and brought black walnut in alcohol.  I didnt have any black walnut at home.  I bought some Friday morning.  Took it as I walked out of the shop and when I got home.  Sprayed the silica about 4 days that day.  But about 1pm I felt that magic feeling...wet...it had opened up.  I went to the bathroom and cleaned it up.  As you can imagine I was SOOOO happy.  

I am now 33 and got my first ones when I was 23.  When I was 23 it was crazy.  I had to be carried into hosptial etc and so often.  Now I have learnt my magic potion.  

Remember ladies 3% of women get these...we arent alone.  But I really encourage you try different things so you can control it.  

For me as long as I dont have underwear that cuts into me, dont use tampons (brings it on), dry sex certainly doesnt help, drink lots of water, take SerrapAptese and also I think stress doesnt help as it our weakest point now it seems to not come back.  

If you are in pain dont put up with it...see a doctor.  

Also taking the silica prevents my from enlarging.  If I dont take it...it gets larger.  

I hope this helps.  

There are some young ladies out there who find this difficult especially if you are living at home with your parents.  There should be some sort of free service through your school or community that enables you to see a nurse to get things going.  

Other things that I have used that may have helped is cypress oil, lavendar oil, tea tree oil, espom salt baths (recommend helps to encourage the blockage to flow) and apple cider vinager drinks (a cap full in a hot drink with honey).  

Sending you all a hug.  You will get it sorted. xxx

• Posted

How did you use black walnut ? Can you explain ? Thank you
    • Posted

I drink it, about 15mls a day....it is mixed with alcohol to keep it active.  
  • Posted

Sorry to hear about your pain. I to am going through these returning cyst. They are evil, but they can be managed. Once you see that one is coming back you should go right into your HOT sitz baths, and HOT compress. NEVER wait.....You can try any home remedie you would like but always go to the HEAT!!!!! So far I have had one in august of 2014, sometimes it feels like one is coming back so I jump right into the tub. I make the water so dam hot that when I come out my legs are RED. so far this seems to be working for meTHANK GOD....Things that can make it return is sexthat might be dry, you need to make sure that you are VERY LUBED before and during, make sur you wear well fitting underwear, always keep it clean down there.Since this has happened to me I always keep a bottle of warm water with me when I go to the bathroom just to splash and keep myself clean. Doctors donnt much about this or why it happens to us women, but I think I knnow why we get it.. Go back into your history have you worn tight panties rough or dry sex. To much friction down there isnt good.This is what happened to me wrong underweear, wrong pants combined together got me a cyst.. This seems to be part of my life now, it is depressing but you have to stay positive and be aware..I just pray that one day it will leave and wont return,, As bad as this is it isnt life threaten, this wont kill us, it could be a lot worst.. Oh yeah most important believe in yourself, you will ove come this...GOOD LUCK
    • Posted

Omg I love how you give advice this really helped me wen I read this! At first wen I read about the cyst i was scared cuz I thought it could be life threatening but I'm glad it's not. But quick question does any one know about fibroids??????? If you do please help
    • Posted

i am wondering whether, actually, the dryness might be a consequence ofyour cyst and not the cause, because the bartolin''s gland's function is lubricating the vulva/vagina is the function of the gland. so when there is a bartholin's cyst there is probably less lubrification. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.