Cyst grown, getting worried now ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

8 months after small ovarian cyst diagnosed had another scan and internal vaginal one . Radiologist said it had grown to 2.5 cm from1.8 . Said womb thickened now 8mm . Saw gynae doctor yesterday who wasn't exactly encouraging . First he said it was small and just a cyst ... then mentioned the word tumour.. then asked me roughly every medical procedure I have ever had ! Made LOADS of notes .. then said it was not normal to have a cyst at 56 and it shouldn't be there ! I asked would I

Have a hysterectomy and he said possibly . I managed to read my notes on the PC as he was scribbling away and it said cyst was non fluid filled and had a separate chamber like it was in

Two ... septum something like that . So that is NOT a normal small cyst is it ?? I said do I have ovarian cancer then and he said ' extremely unlikely ' then referred me there and the to have another C level test .. last was clear .. and to see him in TWO weeks ! Should I be worried ???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello I am

Replying to

Myself ...

Lots of posts go unanswered on here ... what's going on ... we need help !!!

Hazel

• Posted

Hello Hazel.  Have you had the CA125 test done?  I am 47, postmenopausal and they discovered two ovarian cysts on an US while trying to figure out why I had some bleeding.
    • Posted

Yes kismet it was ok awaiting results last one June 28 th ...
    • Posted

Hello Hazel.  I hope you ae hanging in there ok. The waiting is awful.  I've been thinking of you.  My dr wants me to have a follow up US in three months.  He wasn't going to order the CA125 because  he said my cysts ae small and appear to be fluid filled.  Please post back and let me know how your test turned out.  Sending good thoughts!

Jill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.