Cyst in operated knee. Leg not straight & foot facing inward. Anyone else had this, please?

Posted , 6 users are following.

The Surgeon told me after my TKR that he had found a cyst in my knee and funnelled it. I know very little about these cysts in the knee. Does anyone have first hand experience of pain or problems because of a cyst? Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry cannot help this time concerning the cyst. Sorry !! As I had mentioned almost 2 years still not straight considering everything else its not a big concern.I would imagine Chic will step in and have a solution hopefully ?? I can answer some but not all but I try.

Norm

• Posted

Yes I had a baker cyst on my leg knee which was behind my knee. Will not know till hopefully I see my consultant and not another one which I see after my six week check up.x
  • Posted

Hi maggiemaybe

I can't understand the cyst in the knee

when you have had your total knee replaced maybe I am being stupid but surely if the knee has been replaced there can't be a cyst there I hope you get it sorted out soon and I hope your foot is OK take care

Johnny.

• Posted

I too had a cyst in my repaired knee which I neglected to mention to the surgeon until after surgery when I realized it was still there.  He offered another surgery to take it out but I declined.  It doesn't seem to bother me.

• Posted

The cyst in on the outer part of the knee and my surgery was a year ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.