Cyst in womb

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi can anyone help please . I went 9 days ago for a ultrasound after suffering pelvic pain. Went to see gp 5 days later. Was told had a large cystical mass in womb. Was told I would be referred as a potential cancer. Following day received a letter for gynaecologist. Bloods were taken for tumour markers in my body. Am seeing a gynaecologist in 5 days. Is this normal procedure for women with a large cyst as its all happening so fast. am I right to be worrying myself stupid that I've got cancer. My cyst is 12cm x 12cm x 8.5cm. I'm soo worried. I'm 37 years old.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi hun, try not to panic - mine was 20 x 20 cystic tumor on ovary. The tumor marking blood tests, C125 and CT scans are all normal procedure , I know it's really scary and you're frightened, I was terrified - but to them it's normal and they're doing it all the time. It's just precaution and im sure you'll be fine, try not to get into too much panic, they are dealing with things very quickly and it will soon be sorted, good luck xx
    • Posted

Hiya. Thanks for your reassurance. It really does help hearing from you and others. Glad to hear it's just precaution and I suppose I wouldn't want it any other way , just scary isn't it. So many things are going around my head. But I'm feeling a little calmer now. Thankyou for your reply. And thanks. Will keep you posted. Hope you are well. Anna xxxx
    • Posted

Yes I won't deny its scary, I was terrified and its completley normal to be anxious - just be reassured they are all acting in your very best interests. You will be very well cared for and it will all be dealt with and this will soon all be a distant memory for you. You WILL come through the other side and im sure all will be well....xx
    • Posted

Just one more thing ! Do not Google anything..... When I told my Consultant before I had my surgery that I'd been googling 24/7 and totally convinced myself I had something terrible, I admit I was in a terrible state crying and shaking - he took my hand and told me with a lovely smile that it is the very worst thing to do and to trust him and not Dr.Google ! his exact words, I did trust him and I was fine...... Trust the medical profession they will look after you, take a deep breath and remember a lot of us have been where you are right now and we are still all here ! Hugs and best wishes, keep in touch xx
    • Posted

Oh you sound just like me I cried all my way through two scans one hump appt and more recently the Drs This morning !!! Who then tried to make me relax and laugh by saying I am the worst case anxiety related case he has seen in 8 years !!!lol well you have to laugh at that lol 😊😊😊😂😂😂keep in touch love Michelle xx
    • Posted

Sorry meant gyno appt lol although I did have the hump 😊😊
    • Posted

Yep just like me aswell. After my surgery I had to have transvaginal scans every six months for eighteen months and every time I had a panic attack and had to get on the floor in a heap literally hysterical, silly really as it was painless and ok - the last one was worse as when I walked through the door it was a MAN doing it ! The nurse had to hold my hand and talk me through my breathing - God the things we have to go through.......anxiety is a terrible thing and the thought of these procedures is so much worse than the actual thing itself, getting ourselves all upset and stressed out - poor you , I know how you feel xx
    • Posted

Oh you made me laugh 😂😂😂thank you 😂😘 especially the man bit lol !!! Anticipation anxiety is far worse than the actual event isn't it !!! My dr must be getting fed up with me walking in and bursting into tears !! especially this latest going ons he s given me beta blockers to calm me down bless him xxx
    • Posted

Ha ha yes the 'man' bit freaked me out big time ! So embarrasing as he must have been as embarrassed as me, maybe he thought I didn't like his face or something as I literally was nearly sick ! I could feel my knees go wobbly and weak with the head spinning thing, next thing I'm on the floor having to be dragged onto the bed and almost having to be restrained - ! Your not alone I promise, I'm the same as you and was sobbing every time I went to the GP but mine was useless, just span round in his spinning chair going ' uuummmm' . Glad you had a giggle, it's the only way isn't it - you'll be fine. Message me anytime xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle. When i went for the first scans in November, the abdominal went well apart from she couldn't see anything. Too much fluid! The trans vaginal nearly didn't happen as she thought I was too tight as I'd lived alone for several years and am 72! she  tried to  push it into the wrong place in 'Her' embarrassment and I had to do it myself! lol twisted razz  A man would have been more useful. rolleyeswink A good sense of humour is a big help at times like this. lol
    • Posted

Lol !!! Made me giggle again lol !!! So they didn't see anything on abdominal but did vaginal? Why is that ? Oh I bet it hurt didn't it her doing it wrong why didn't she just look !!! Xxx😊😊
    • Posted

Thank you so much my fellow anxiety friend xxx 😊😊😊😘
    • Posted

I was booked in for both at the same time, abdominal ultrasound and tv ultrasound as I have these cysts on ovaries plus a prolapse. They're not supposed to say anything until scans have been checked by whoever, a senior most likely but the ultrasound was just foggy because of the abdominal fluid. She didn't look! Just covered my lower half with a paper sheet and tried to feel her way, lol.rolleyesShe was the embarrased one not me, said she didn't think it was necessary to do the t  v one as she couldn't see on the other one.  I said you'd better do it as I',m being checked for ovarian cancer. Must have upset her I think, she went to pieces then! rolleyes Next scans in about 5-6 weeks to monitor size of cysts. I have a family history, my mother had it you see. I'm pretty outspoken and don't think she was expecting me to say what I did. At 72 and after 4 babies and two vaggy ops I don't have much embarrassment left in me I suppose. It was funny at the time though. twisted
    • Posted

Keep in touch and try not to worry too much - we are all here for you xx 😉
    • Posted

Of course I will I feel bit better tonight I just don't like what I have this increased blood flow to cyst !! I've googled and it all says all malignant cysts have this blood flow !!!! I can't get it out of my mind 😢😢I just hope that the cysts not changing in size in two months is a good thing but I'm not a doctor !!lots of love xx
    • Posted

Same as my last one left ovary not seen cos of fluid which scares me as this is ascites yes ?! Bloody Google is doing my head in I'm sure I'm going nuts !!! Did she get a clearer picture on vaginal scan then if she saw the cysts? Oh I didn't know that I thought sonographers just send report to Dr so do they actually get checked over by someone else too with more knowledge and experience I do hope so 😊what cysts did she describe for you ? Mine are 3 on one ovary small cysts largest being 20 mm x 14 mm but thick walled with irregular borders with blood flow which scares the life out of me !!! It all just looks so gloomy for me 😢😢I suffer extreme anxiety so feeling really rough at mo.lots of love Michelle xxx
    • Posted

It was the doctor who gave me the full report. The sonoghrapher just said that she couldn't see anything on ultrasound as it was foggy then didn't think it was necessary to to do the trans vaginal one until I mentioned I was being checked for OC! Then she tried to do it without looking! Hence I inserted the probe myself! My doctor said one cyst on left ovary was small, about 2-3 cms and the other on right was about 6-7 cms or like a golf ball. They look like simple cysts she said. They can get much bigger than this and if they do grow they will then investigate further. It's because of family history I'm doing this as i have 2 daughters and 2 grandaughters and we need to know if it's a genetic thing. Plus I need a cystocele or bladder lift because of the prolapse. Hope this helps you Michelle, please try not to worry so much and STOP Googleing! You'll drive yourself mad with anxiety. Even if the worst scenario the treatment now is wonderful compared with 30-40 years ago. Take care and keep posting. Love Poll. X Keep giggling! lol wink
    • Posted

You're scaring yourself by googling and panicking , this is obviously increasing your anxiety so please try not to google......I know it's easy for me to say and your mind is going into overdrive and you are catastropising unnecessarily and scaring yourself - I have been where you are now and did exactly the same as you, try not to work yourself up too much try to stay calm in the knowledge that everything will be done to sort this out for you. You are under the care of the hospital and they will look after you - take a deep breath and this will all be over and dealt with very soon. Most cysts are benign remember xx 😘

• Posted

Hello how are you doing Ellie ? Any news on cysts etc? I had follow up feb 9th gyno thinks corpus luteum cyst

breaking down is most likely

My cyst,another scan after March period ! Why is he not as concerned as me ?!! I'm not so sure it is a corpus liteum cyst as why do I have 3 small cysts and not just 1 it's all so scary xxx

• Posted

Hi Michelle. I was told last appointment that the larger one had shrunk! I went off on one a bit and asked if he meant it had leaked or burst, he said yes, we'll keep monitoring ans see what happens. I told him I am not happy at all about this as at my age they're more likely to be malignant as my Mother's was. It is scary, I agree but not much I can do about it the moment as I can't afford to see a gyne privately, just the NHS one. I suppose the consultants see so many women that it's all in a days work to them. They don't seem to think about our feelings and anxieties do they? I have another appointment in April but not had one for another scan so far. Watch this space! rolleyesconfused 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.