cyst on left ovary pain on right side?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been diagnosed with a cyst on my left side but i tend to have a lot of pain on the right side and no pain on the left side, epically during intercourse (at certain times of the month) or exercise (running etc.) I have had a few problems regarding hospitals and doctors as they told me it was 10cm then said it was only 4cm and my gynecologist was unable to view my original scan that said 10cm ( i have managed to now forward him the scan and awaiting to hear from him). I had blood tests and they came back clear so i feel a bit more confident regarding this issue. I am still concerned as I am experience pain but my gynecologist said there is nothing to worry about and it is just a normal cyst and it will be rescanned in 4 months’ time to monitor it. Still feeling concerned and worried.   I am on a mini pill and I am unsure if this can have effects with cysts or not? I have an appointment next week with my contraception nurse to discuss this and I an increasingly worried,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The biggest cyst on my left hand side is 11cm and on my right hand side is 10cm...I get most pain on the right hand side. I think maybe it's because there is more stuff internally on the right hand side and the cyst presses and pulls on all that causing pain. 

I think the pill helps women's cysts to not grow any larger but I'm not sure if the mini pill is different from the combined pill with that.

If it's 4cm hopefully it will go away by itself x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, i didn’t think I would experience pain on the right hand side if there was no cyst there at all :\ unless it is some sort of adverse pain not to sure. Hopefully when I see my nurse next week she might have an answer.

Thank you for your advise x

• Posted

They showed me a skeleton of the pelvic area with the backbone etc to show how the cysts pull inside me. The bigger cyst pulls to the other side so I feel the pain in the other side as it pulls...it makes sense to me you'd feel pain on the opposite side too because of how these things pull and everything shifts in response. It's hard to explain without the model.
    • Posted

ok thank you. I think I understand what you mean and this has made me feel a bit more confident about the situation. Thank you again for your advise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.