Cyst on ovaries in gone!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just wanted to tell my story. I think so many people find out things are just fine, and then they stop googling and reading and we don't hear as many of the positive outcomes. So, first of all, I have had  bad anxiety for the past year or so. I went in to see my naturopath. I was telling him all about the bad bloating and gas I had every night. I would look 6 months pregnant and it was painful. I also had one month where right after ovulation I had a constant cramping sensation for two whole weeks. I have pretty heavy periods so this was nothing new. He mentioned to me that I should go see my GP as I was showing symptoms of ovarian cancer. This scared the crap out of me!!!! I immediately made an appointment with my GP. In the meantime, I had another very strange period. I had pain under my belly button for a solid week. Nothing too excrutiating but just was there. When my bleeding stopped on about day 7 from the start of my period, I went and had a pelvic exam. I was shocked when she told me that I had a decent sized cyst on my right ovary, at least golf ball sized. She knows me well and told me to please not worry because it is very common and it was soft and bouncy feeling so she was not worried. Of course, I come home and start googling. To my shock and horror, I was convinced I had ovarian cancer!! I went through 2 weeks of hell waiting for my ultra sound. I was convinced I got in quickly because I was sure my doc made a rush on it (my mind playing games). I felt every single pang and cramp imaginable. I did have about 4 or 5 bouts of nausea and some mild cramping throughout the two weeks waiting for ultra sound. Finally, I go for my ultra sound convinced this was it, I was going have bad news. My ultra sound tech said after "I see you are super stressed. I'm not allowed to say much, but I will say you don't need to worry". HUGE relief!!! The next day, my Dr office called. They said not only does my ultra sound look great, but the cyst is completely gone! So, basically a ton of worry and anxiety for what? I'm very, very lucky. I know that. I really wish everyone well out there, and please try to be positive!! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but I did completely go off of dairy and gluten once my naturopath told me to go to the doctor. My stomach took about a week to stop bloating, and then is was flatter and felt better than ever. I no longer have gas and bloating. Also, I am 45 years with three kids just to give you an idea where I'm at in the life of periods. I have very bad PMS every month. I do plan on getting my hormones tested with my naturopath. I guarantee that my estrogen is too high. I also think cysts are related to unbalanced hormones but I am not sure. I am so relieved and happy! I also think  it was just coincidental with the gas, bloating and the cyst because all bloating stopped once quitting dairy and gluten. Here's hoping for all of you to have positive outcomes!!! It happens!

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow I have a spelling error in my title. How do I edit that?
  • Posted

Thank you for posting your experience. I am currently stressing myself out due to a paratubal cyst since it was present on 2 sonograms. My periods have been lighter for a year with low back pain all the time. My doctor says the cyst is fluid a small less than 2 cm but i am scared of it being cancer. I have another sonogram in a week so im hoping it is gone. Also i am 27 with 2 small children.
    • Posted

From what I understand, fluid is a good thing! I got totally wrapped up in google and actually had a full on panic attack! There's so many horror stories out there. You will be fine! They say if you still have periods and it's fluid then the odds are in your favour that it's perfectly fine! I was so worried it was going to be solid and not fluid. 

• Posted

I was either misdiagnosed as my cyst being paratubal/paraovarian or that cyst went away. At my sonogram they said that i only had a cyst inside the right ovary with no solid components. It is 2.7 cm which is bigger then the paratubal/ paraovarian cyst i had for 2 months that one was 1.9. I see my bgyn on friday and am trying to not be confused or worried
  • Posted

Tanya you are very right about diet change. I too stopped eating gluten and dairy and lectin foods and sugar foods and bread. I put myself on Dr Gundry's plant paradox diet and yes the pain went away after suffering for over a year of spotting and ovary pain.Only been on this diet for 1 1/2 months so far the results are promising. Good luck with you continued success.

• Posted

Thank you for following up. It really helps to hear the outcome was positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.