Cyst on right side but left sided pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a 11 cm cyst in my right ovary which is fluid filled and has a solid part but I keep getting pain on my left side on my back - anyone had this or know why this is? 

Could I have a cyst on the other side to? (I hope not) 

I am due to have an MRI tomorrow and if that's clear I'll be having keyhole surgary on Monday to remove the 11cm cyst. I'm worried about the outcome of the MRI results as my surgeon has already spoken to cancer team because my ct scan wasn't clear in relation to this solid part. I'm worried it will show as cancer- I am only 23 and I have had routine bloods which are all normal and had bloods for tumor markers which are all normal too. My surgon has said it's very unlikely to be cancer due to my age, blood results and scans so far.

But im still worried 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Holly I had same size cyst on left ovary scan showed possibly one on right however it was just leaning over to right my gynae also spoke with cancer team but all turned out to be fine same as you fluid filled my tumour markers where up but came bk down I had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago only due to my age 54 and constant bleeding im sure you will be fine they will remove cyst and you will be fine xx
    • Posted

Hi Sharon, 

Thanks for your reply. I just don't understand why I have pain on left side. All my tumor markers were within normal range which I'm guessing is a good thing? And all other bloods are normal too. 

What was your solid part made up of? 

I'm so scared that MRI will show cancer tomorrow. 

• Posted

Hi I dont know yet have my post op on monday so they'll tell me then but patholgy results were clear sometimes they say the solid part can be the ovary itself I know its very worrying but clear bloods is a good sign I had pain to but the cyst can be pushing on other organs such as the bladder as mines was let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

How was your op done? Yeah my surgon said about that it could be my ovary. 

At least normal bloods is a good sign. I think it is pushing on my bladder. 

I will do thanks. 

Xx

• Posted

I had c section cut because of hysterectomy cyst was pushing on my bladder to im sure you will be fine xx
    • Posted

Hi , my scan went ok, I don't know results - they have cancelled my op for Monday as something about an emergency so it's not towards end of march but sadly the date they have given me which still needs to be checked is when my support worker is off work - do you think if I called them and explain that they would change it?? X 

• Posted

Hi glad scan went ok im sure if you explain they will change it just goes to show that someone else needed your slot so that would make me think yours is not as needy as theirs xx
    • Posted

You think they would change it if I explained ?? I just don't think I can go through it without the support from my support worker.  I know that's probably sounds silly. 

Yeah that's true. They cancelled it before they had my MRI results so hoping to get those results next week. 

• Posted

Yes I think they will change it try think positive im sure you will be okay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.