Cyst popped with baths, seeking advice for natural healing

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a cyst since maybe February or March of this year. It was annoying, but bareable. I was taking warm baths, using compresses, and it would flucuate in size - grow big, grow small again, and even went away a few times (no popping, just disappeared).  

I've had 2 in the past that were abscesses, and when given antibiotics in combination with warm baths, popped on their own. This cyst was the first I've had for an extended period of time which also wasn't infected.

Last Sunday, don't know why, but it blew up, as in, it grew enourmous. I spent the next two days alternating between hot baths and hot compressess. The cyst just kept growing in size and the pain kept increasing. I called out of work as I could not sit, could not walk, without being in excrutiating pain.

I went to the ER Wednesday evening and they sent me to a gynocologist. At this point my cyst was the size of a lemon. The doctor told me marsupialization was the only answer and scheduled me in for surgery. She sent me home with Ibprofen (I live in Germany and pain meds are not really doled out) and a green cream to assist with it popping on it's own. 

I am terrified of surgery and would prefer to treat more naturally. So, my boyfriend and I did a bunch of research to optimize my hot baths. We read that taking a hot bath with sea salt, baking powder, Epsom salt (we couldn't find this so ommited), apple cidre vinegar, and castor oil was ideal. I stopped using the apple cidre vinegar - it burned a bit. From Wednesday night to Friday morning, I took as many baths as I could and when I wasn't in the bath I was using a hot compress. I was massaging the cyst while in the bath. I read someone else's story, in which the woman talked about 'getting the fluids moving' and I stuck with this. I had to get the fluids moving. I was in absolute pain, even when taking as many Ibprofens humanly possible. 

Thursday morning, the cyst had grown even more. It was the size of an apple. When i would try to walk, I had to waddle. I had never had a cyst this large. Surgery was scheduled for Friday 12:30pm and I did not know how I would make it - I was in so much pain.

I took maybe 5 baths on Thursday. I couldn't sleep. I woke up at maybe 3am Friday with the worst of the worst pain I have every felt. My boyfriend woke up to my hysterical sobbing while I was running a bath. I sat in the tub for 45 minutes, crying with a cyst the size of a baseball between my legs. I tried to go back to sleep, and next thing I know, the cyst popped! There was so much blood, so much blood.

I ran to the bathroom and tried to squeeze out as much as I could. The cyst deflated, and pus and blood kept pouring out. 

I canceled my surgery. I am still bleeding and there is a lump the size of a peanut. I am trying to find a doctor, but the majority of gynocologists here are full and do not take new patients. 

I wanted to share my story for people who do not want to have surgery. The baths work, but the pain is horrible.

I still need help. Does any one have any experience with recovering naturally and preventing future cysts naturally? Does anyone have advice as to what I can do? Is the bleeding normal? I am keeping it as clean as I can. I am soaking in warm baths still. I will see a doctor when I can find one, but any help would be so much appreciated. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry you have been in so much pain:o( mine unblocked and realeased all the fluid which baths and hot compresses, I added salt and tea tree oil to my bath, that was in May, I also had lots of blood and it kept draining for about 3 days, it then took another few months to settle down completely and go back to normal, I have not had another one and have just been doing hot baths regularly and hot compresses on the area regularly too to help it stay unblocked and keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't come back! Good luck

Xx

• Posted

So, as soon as it popped, you should've gotten in the hot bath with a capful of bleach to kill the bacteria. Mine came back 3x. Eventually, I had to get the whole sac removed. That eliminated the entire problem. I was tired of getting it drained all the time.
  • Posted

Also, there is so much blood and pus because the cyst is caused by the sac filling up. The surgery to remove the sac was the best thing I ever did.
  • Posted

I have one of these right now. I've been getting them on and off for 5 years. I was told by my OBGYN that in order to not get them I'd have to go into surgery to remove all the scar tissue because until that's done there will always be part of the cyst there. It's the most painful thing I've has. And I have very serious and painful illnesses. But this and the spot it's in can definitely put u on the ground balling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.