cyst removed yesterday help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had my cystvremoved yesterday afternoon ive been up all night in pain and been weeing constantly ( every half hour ) is this normal?. I also have no saliva whatsoever is this also common?

Thankyou

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had a dermoid cyst removed and was in pain the first night but the painkillers kept the pain manageable and I could sleep. Were you in pain despite taking painkillers? And had you drunk a lot of liquid as you felt dehydrated after your op? If in doubt, I would ring your GP (or were you given a number to ring, at the hospital, in case of problems or queries post-op?)
  • Posted

Hi there! Medication can make your mouth dry too the after effects.

But just to make sure everything is alright inform your doctor of what is happening to you, just to be on the safe side Hun. I'm going for ultra sound myself on 9th of next month not looking forward to it. Hope there's nothing wrong with me. I had an agressive cyst as I said before on here when I was 19 years of age. My periods were very late, at 18! So I haven't had a good time with my monthly,and through my reproductive life! I had to lose a right ovary at 19! I was devastated! But I didn't stop me from having my 3 children. But it seems now I've

Had a show again after April 2012! So it does return now and again apparantly. Not all women do though.

Every woman is different. But anyway I will certainly leave my verdict on here when I have had my scan.

In the maternity dept again. Feels so wierd lol x😀

• Posted

Hi Victoria 1 night is no time at all. I'm surprised your home already, I presume you had keyhole surgery? Take the painkillers prescribed just as the pain starts, not once it has you in its grip, as too late then. I agree if your worried see your doctor, but pain after such a major op is normal. I am two and half weeks into a laparotomy for a huge cyst removal and still in discomfort and extremely tired. Take it easy and be kind to yourself, give your body time to recover XXX
  • Posted

I had laporoscopy. I have very bad flatulence is thar normal x
  • Posted

Yes honey with either procedure they blow your stomach up with gas, it takes a few days to pass and can make opening the bowels painful and difficult. Lactulose and lots of veg/fruit/apple juice helps. The flatulence is a good sign (although embarrassing) as it means your bowels are starting to work again and it will help with any bloating, which will get better soon X
  • Posted

Thankyou. I went to thr toilet today for thr first time and it was projectile diahorrea ( not to be gross). Is that normal?

Sorry never had an op so worried with all the symptoms

• Posted

I am also still bleeding vaginally. Is this normal?
  • Posted

Hi I guess it must be, I couldn't go for 8 days, then had the same, still not normal now after 2.5 weeks redface I think these ops cause a lot of trauma to the body and the bowel is close to the cysts so it must be affected and shoved around. In my case the cyst had squashed it down into the wrong place and they had to re position it during the op plus burn off lots of scar tissue.. As to the bleeding I don't know, I don't have that as I have had a full hysterectomy as well 8 years ago. Check some of the other discussions about laporoscopy I'm sure I have seen discussions about people bleeding for up to 2 weeks. Try not to worry hun as I said before its early days for you X
  • Posted

Were you able to eat after? I feel sjck and not hungry at all. When I eat the pain hets worse and very tender. I am worried ill loose too much wieght x
  • Posted

No not for 4 days every time I tried to eat, I kept vomiting. The nursing staff had to put me on sips of water only and give me anti-sickness medication. Vomiting is the worse thing when you have abdominal surgery so painful. Try to eat small, light meals several times during the day, rather than 3 big meals. Lots and lots of water too to flush out the medications from the anaesthetic. Sometimes strong pain killers can make you feel sick and cause severe constipation, I think this was true in my case. Its a catch twenty two you don't want pain, but you don't want to feel sick all the time. It will get better honey I promise, I felt rubbish at first, but every day I am feeling stronger and I am off the painkillers now smile
  • Posted

Thankyou. I feel I should still be in hospital really. They seem to chuck you out so quickly . They dont tell you how much pain your going to be in. I exoected it to be very simple and not like this. I dont think laporoscopy is akways the best option as they mess your tummy abouy so much. Ive got four cuts all quite spaced apart. Thinking one bigger cut would've been better. How big was your cyst?
  • Posted

Hi mine was 20cm and another smaller one on the other ovary. My vertical cut is huge from my pelvis to above my belly button. It really isn't pretty and as I have an existing scar from a previous caesarean and hysterectomy my belly is now pretty messed up eek I had both ovaries removed and my appendix during the op, so now going into an early menopause. At least your scars are small so they should fade, Bio Oil is supposed to help a lot, so will be using lots once my scar has healed. I agree they sent you home too fast, I was lucky enough to be given time and did not feel rushed, but mine was quite complicated and I live alone after my marriage breakdown, so they wanted to be sure I could cope. Try and stay positive hun I'm sure in a week or two you will feel much better razz sending hugs X
  • Posted

Mines not much better as I needed to have my appendix removed as an emergency which left a huge scar. Why did you have to have a hysterectomy if you dont mind me asking how old are you?. Thanks for the support
  • Posted

Fibroids and heavy bleeding, had it done 8 years ago. I'm 48 lol Didn't mind having my ovaries removed this time though as I have a long family history of ovarian cancer, so better safe than sorry. Had the all clear following my op thank god smile
  • Posted

How long did u take pain killers for. Im constantly topping up with codine,paracetamol, taramodil and diplofenac. Dont want to be on them for very long though. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.