Cyst that turned into removal of right ovary

Posted , 3 users are following.

In May I had a MRI done on my back when a cyst was found on my right ovary within a month my doctors had another MRI done and ultrasound turns out there was a 12cm cyst on my right ovary my doctor order a CA125 blood test and referred me over to a GY surgeon a Friday I began to get really bad pains and went to ER where the checked to see if the cyst had twisted and stopping blood supply everything seem to still show cyst was 12cm I got in on Monday to the surgeon where i was scheduled on Thursday to have cyst removed I was told 1. Cyst would be removed 2. Cyst and right tube and 3 would be removal of right ovary when I woke I found out my right ovary was removed all done laparoscopically. I have had no bleeding but I seem to be having hot flashes. How has anyone else done and or any symtoms. I'm in my 40 and already have had kids.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just to be clear: Do you still have your left ovary?

If so, my case isn't comparable because all my repro organs were removed & doc gave me a shot of hormones on the operating table. I was 27 & did HRT w/premarin for 27 yrs.

Talk to your doc/surgeon/gyn. Given your age, they may feel that HRT is a bad idea.

• Posted

I do still have my left. I go back to the surgeon this week for my 2 week post op and will hopefully get more detail of what all to expect.
  • Posted

It’ll get better. My right ovary was removed a month ago and the first 2 weeks were the worse, the hot flashes started almost immediately but started getting better little by little. Now I don’t get them every day but for example last night I woke up twice because of it and had to change my T-shirt ...wishing a speedy recovery to you 
    • Posted

Sorry you had so much pain over all I feel lucky that I haven't had much pain just tired but the hot flashes and living in 110° weather does help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.