Cyst the size of a Melon

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Folks and fellow sufferers. I had an ultrasound on the Wednesday and my GP got straight into Gynea on the Monday, now I know why, she has told me the cyst is 15 to 16 cm, obviously I will need surgery but have to get CT scan done first to make sure it is not attached to anything important.

I have to commend my doctor and NHS for speed... It has all happened so fast I am still reeling. Apparently I am the equivalent of 16 wks pregnant!! So I have called it baby Mel.

CT should take about 14 days to arrange so I will let you all know how I get on...

Take care all...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda just wanted to say hi and good luck with your CT scan, you must be in a lot of pain with baby mel ? mines only nearly 5cm and i am.

Do you mind me asking how old you are and do you have children ?

only being nosey really lol, it affects all age groups but i'm just wondering if your older 30 - 50 e.g are you more than likely to get them.

Kim x

• Posted

Hi Linda

Goodluck with the hop. What are you hoping for a melanie or melvin.

Take care

kaz x

• Posted

WOW - Get extra wool girls this ones a biggie!!

You must have alot of pain with that - I really sympathise.

Hope you get the best of attention and quickly.

• Posted

Wow that is a whopper.

What symptoms did you have?

That must have been growing for ages

Thought mine was bad but thats huge :roll:

Hope it gets sorted asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.