Cysters.. what are your experiences with intercourse and cysts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm curious to hear others stories on this delicate subject if you're willing to share..

I had two cysts, one on each side, they were 5cm and 6cm. One has now resolved, the other (simple cyst) was 5cm at the last scan a few weeks ago. Sex is painful.. particularly when deeper. And then I ache a lot the next day too. It's bad enough that I don't really want to do it anymore. Which is such a shame and making me and my partner unhappy.

What has been your experience? (Positive or negative)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i have recently found out i have ovarian cysts and now thinking back i realized that sex was sometimes painful when deep and i actually felt some tenderness after. I always pondered what would be the cause. Reading your experience i realize that the cysts probably caused that but tell me does it cause discharge as well?

• Posted

i am.in pain every day , burning pain, and discomfort in pelvis, when i press my pelvis also.its very tender and painful.. i am.urinating more and my periods have shortened loads to 2 to 3 days a month.. am wondering if i have a cyst ...
  • Posted

Hi, I've been the same, I was told I have a cystitis mass on my Overy it's not a cyst but they don't know what it is, I found this out on the 11th of this month. I had a ca125 blood test today, not sure how long it will be before getting these results back so really nervous, I have another scan Monday to hopefully figure out what is next to my right Overy ( which they could not locate) suppose I'll find out Monday where the right Overy has gone rolleyes I've been in so much pain since the scan didn't go because of pain Was mainly because I've been bleeding all the time for two years they pit it down to the implant then the coils but because I've tried them all and it's been worse they are finally doing something about it, im a little worried and scared was wondering if anyone else has been through simular and has some advice for me, would really appreciate it.
    • Posted

Hi jassy, thank you for your reply I've been having heavy bleeding for over two years now I usually bleed for two weeks straight then may have a day or two off then back to a menstrual it's not always heavy but it's still there, I've had a pain in my back for a long time that is dull but then gets intense there is a lot of pain in my pelvic but it's not constant im starting to lose weight unexpectedly but this could be stress when I need a wee ( which is all the time) I get a really sudden sharp urgency to go which the doctor has gave me loads of tablets and they work while using them but as soon as there gone then the problems come back worse im 24 so they refused a smear but I had a transvaginal and pelvic scan where they found the 40 by 41 mass I experience pain during and after sex and if im not bleeding and have intercaurse then I will end up bleeding during or more than likely after which is horrible so intercaurse has been out the window for a while now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.