Cystitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been suffering with this for years. Last year I had it for well over a month and had several types of antibiotics and they did nothing. I tried something which got rid of the pain instantly which my family kept telling me to take from the start but I had never heard of. I went into my local supermarket and got this magical cure. 

This really helps me out and I wanted to share this in hope it would help somebody else. I found that barley helped take away that awful pain and sting. I got Robinson’s fruit orange with barley and diluted it with water. I had around 2 pints a day and the next day woke up without the urge and the pain.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chelsea,

that's great news, but do you think by flushing your system out, it might have had anything to do with clearing the infection?

JC

• Posted

Hi Chelsey - I’m glad you’ve found a remedy to your cystitis. It’s a very old remedy that my mum used as a child - only then you had to boil up your own pearl barley! The nurse at our surgery also uses it to cure cystitis. She says you have to drink the whole bottle (diluted) in 48 hours, which it sounds like you did.  Make sure you don’t use the low sugar one tho as sweeteners can be irritating to upset bladders! Thanks for the reminder as some people might not know about the magic of pearl barley in cases of cystitis and UTIs.
  • Posted

After my previous diagnosis I did another urine test (the laboratory did not want to do it! why???). I went to the doctor with the results - the bacterial presence is negative (less than 1000). When I mentioned ic the doctor laughed saying that no one can make a ic diagnose without a specific examination. he said me that bacteria are hidden (????????). I do not understand what it means and has not proposed anything except antibiotic (4 months with 1 Monuril a week). Today I think to contact a urologist to make an appointment and in the meantime I do not know whether or not to do this therapy. Currently I do not have more burning but I always want to urinate (two drops). I have the impression that the bladder empties well and I can sleep at least 6 hours per night without peeing. Suggestions? Tips? Do you know urologists in London?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.