Cystitis is back!

Posted , 5 users are following.

well, one week after the last attack my cystitis is back with a vengeance. Saw the doctor this morning, taken another sample to the lab, got 8 days antibiotics this time, and get my results Saturday morning!  It's very depressing and I hope it doesn't continue like this. I know I shouldn't moan as there are ladies on here with much worse problems than I have, but cystitis really makes you feel awful.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you had an operation, or you just keep getting cystitis? Ive just had surgery & got an infection followed by a urine infection which I have to say is miserable. Getting up all night feeling like I need to pee but don't. Drinking lots of cranberry juice as its supposed to help. I hope your cystitis soon clears x

• Posted

Hi Frances. I've always had problems with cystitis both pre and post op and it's very painful and really gets you down. I usually suffer most a few days before I have my period and tried loads of things to resolve it but what works best for me is cystocalm sachets which are only about £1 from wilkos. I take two sachets and put them into a bottle of water and hey presto 3-4 hours later it's gone. I know we are all different but maybe worth trying them however if it's an infection different issue x

• Posted

Hi Liz, it's probably an E. coli infection, same as a week ago. Matron says we are susceptible to it because of the way our bodies are fashioned, seems bloody unfair to me! Doesn't seem to matter how hygienic we are.

just needed a rant!

• Posted

Hi

After hgaving 3uti after anterior repair I resorted to doing my own research on uti infection and antibiotics. If takern to much I feel our bodies get immune and the uti keep coming back. This is just my experience but find d mannose brilliant. Its safe and very effective.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.