Cystitis/Thrush?

Posted , 2 users are following.

well, here I am again, 5 months after last post. Finished  6 month course of weekly antibiotics after so many ecoli bladder infections, then got what doctor thought was thrush, was given pessary and cream. Pessary OK but cream burned. All seemed well, then it started again, tried another pessary which didn't do much at all. Next tried another thrush cream which seemed to ease the situation

for a few days, but now have severe burning at entrance to vagina and pain/burning when peeing.No discharge or bad smell. Is it

thrush or has the cystitis come back? Don't want more antibiotics.

What should I do. I really regret having the prolapse op as things

seem to be worse now, sex is really uncomfortable as vagina is very tight, constant infections and feelings of pressure make life miserable. Lucky I have an understanding husband!

sorry to go on just need some advice.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You may have developed what I had after my surgery nearly three years ago. I got very similar symptoms like you have with lots of failed treatments tried. I google all my symptoms and believe I had developed Vulval Vestibulitis. The doctors found it hard to swallow that I had developed this condition as a result of the trauma of prolapse repair surgery. Initial treatment to help burning sensation was lignocain gel. I also changed how I washed myself, by using non perfumed shower gel that was totally natural, natural shampoo and washed my hair without allowing the shampoo to drip down my body. Used baby washing liquid in washing machine. Pure cotton underwear. Took six months for symptoms to clear up. Can use normal shampoo, shower gel etc now. Forgot to say that I washed 'down there' with aqueous cream as well.

• Posted

Sorry to be late replying, was away for a few days. Will try the lignocaine gel as canesten is not helping the burning. Thought of going to see another urogynae while here in England ( I live in France) for another opinion. Certainly can't go on like this. Thank you Barbara, for your advice.

• Posted

Tried to buy the lignocaine gel and a self check urine test but the chemist wouldn't sell them to me as I am over 65! Trying to get an appointment with a urogynaecologist but they want a referral from my doctor (who is in France!) did a self check for thrush came up positive but without most of the symptoms, ordered the urine test on line and should get that today,so will go on from there. Am wondering if I have bladder stones. Just need to stop this burning and pain when peeing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.