Cystocele 1 year after TVT and Rectocele Repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

So lately, I've had a lot of discomfort in the lower abdomen and pelvic area. I chalked it up to continuing problems from the posterior repair I had a year ago. Then I discovered the front wall of my vagina sticking out. So now I seem to have a cystocele AFTER having a TVT and posterior repair. What an absolute bummer. Made an appt. with the urogynae who operated on my rectocele. Anyone else out there have multiple procedures done in their early 40's? Can they even DO another surgery after placing the mesh sling? I don't want part of my body sticking out of my vagina, and can't tolerate a pessary, so I think surgery is what I want.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had to have a cystocele repaired six months after a rectocele surgery . Was told this was not uncommon. Cystocele repair was an easier recovery. I am MUCH older than you and I am doing fine now. A bit of soreness from time to time. Don't know about surgery again after TVT sling. I'm sure that ladies on here can help you with this, I'm sure your surgeon will reassure you.

• Posted

Hi there. Sorry you are having such a tough time.I had TVT done about 15 years ago.

After that in the last 10 years i have had 3 rectocele repairs(1 of those was colporraphy with mesh) and a cystocele repair. My latest surgery was also with mesh ( im sure i must look like a patchwork quilt on the inside lol!!).

I think that as long as your surgeon is aware that you have a tvt it shouldn't be a problem with future surgery.

I now have yet another cystocele which may need to be repaired once im fully healed from my December surgery.....not looking forward to that one bit!

Hope this info helps a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.