Cystocele rectocele uretra and colon lift 3.5 weeks postop

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just a quick check in. 3.5 weeks post op. I am having pain in my pelvic bones on each side of the vagina and tail bone pain. I can walk for awhile stand for awhile but sitting is painful and causes a lot of pressure

in vagina and rectum.

I tried a donut. Not much help. I can definately tell

if I do to much because I'm sore the next day. ice or heat work? Still so tired. I am a nurse (urology isn't that funny!)

There is pressure for me to get back to work. Obviously that's not happening soon. Inside my vagina is so rough and poky feels like a war zone. Just need some reassurance from others.

I'm not use to being on bedrest and feeling pain so long. Giving birth was easier.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

get plenty of rest. Rest is the key to healing your body, those type of surgery usually heals funny, but you will be just fine

• Posted

I am in my 4 th month of recovery. There have been many ups and downs. MANY times i thought the surgery had failed.

HANG IN THERE. EACH WEEK WILL BRING YOU CLOSER TO FULL RECOVERY. WE ARE DEFINITELY NOT FULLY INFORMED ABOUT THE LENGTH OF RECOVERY.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.