Cystocele repair- 2 weeks post op. Bulging feeling.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good Morning.

2 weeks I had a vaginal cystocele repair with posterior and anterior repair.

on day 10 I felt pretty good. I started to do light things around the house again. Exactly on day 14 I felt like I feel a little bulge again. I have a heavy feeling on my labia. Also when I go to urinate my stream has become thinner. There is definitely more pain again. I am supposed to get my period in the next two days and typically I do get A very heavy feeling for the first day. Has anyone else experienced this. I thought I was doing so much better since my recovery has been interesting. After surgery they had to put a catheter in me three times because I failed the voiding test. I went home with the catheter for five days. I did not expect to feel like this especially after I was feeling so much better. I am grateful for Anyone who shares their experience.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

daniel

i had A&P omg it was awful all joking apart i was walking the garden counting pegs these were my rules

dont lift

dont clean

dont pick a vac up

rest

your body has been through major surgery and rest is the only healer i had bad and good days always thought it had failed constantly wanted a pee it turned out i had a UTI didnt realise once treated the healing started, the feeling are normal try to stay posative i still go in meltdown now

• Posted

I had the same surgery, but also with a hysterectomy. Two weeks is still sooo early in your recovery. I would say you need to really force yourself to rest. I just laid on my couch for a good 3-4 weeks. Around week 6 was when I finally felt "ok," and now I'm week 10 post-op and if I stand too much at work, I start to get that heavy feeling, too. I've learned from others on here that it means you are doing too much. So I started teaching from a seated position and then felt better. I think it's probably fine but you need to really rest. For me, I didn't even SIT on my couch; I laid down just so there was no pressure whatsoever as I healed. I also went home with a catheter and had a similar experience initially. Good luck and take it easy!

• Posted

i am 2nd week after surgery and i still cannot sit almost at all. Does anybody had this problem after cystocele surgery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.