Cystocele repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

whos had a successful cystocele repair ? How long has it lasted ? Did it completely relieve you of the bulge and symptoms ? 

I just been on a camping trip with my family and yet agai another holiday ruined because of my cystocele symptoms . I want a repair done but I fear failure x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi .....I had cystocele and rectocele repair (with hysterectomy and vaginal repair). 

10 months ago and every single symptom I'd had over 3 years has gone !   No more bladder infections (forever) no more thrush, no more pelvic pain (awful and made me miserable), no more lower back pain.......no more having to wee every 30 mins to relieve the bulge.  

Go for It!         Make sure you get a urogynacologist......not just a gynaecologist.

theres a few more years training in it.  

😊

Hope this helps.      I was petrified of the op believe me .....but am over the moon now. 

• Posted

Thank you for this . I've had a successful posterior repair and I have mild cystocele although mild it's very symptomatic .

Was yours repaired with just stitches ?

I can't bend forward enjoying family days out without

discomfort . I just been

camping and my symptoms

terrible . Has it removed all bulges ? X

• Posted

It was all stitches yes.   

All bulges have been removed....bladder back in place etc.  

to go a step further, I feel like a 12 year old 'down there'....it feels so normal now and not one bulge showing anymore.    Mine was really bad before my op.    

hope this helps. 😊   I also opted for a spinal anesthesia which was great.  

• Posted

Thank you so much . On a bad day it was what I needed to hear .

Was it done in the uk ?

• Posted

I had my op done by a urogynae named Dr Shukla at Northampton Hospital in England.    She also works in private hospitals as well.    So far I am very pleased with my op.    I don't even think about it now because it feels 'so right'.    It is lovely to be free of the lower pelvic pain that I had constantly and the dry feeling with that awful bulge, and constant bladder infections.    

• Posted

Hello carole62889

I am having similar symptoms, and realise surgery is unavoidable.  I am wondering if you were simply lucky enough to be referred to a good urogyne, or if you know about the possibility of being referred if out of area? 

• Posted

Hi,

My GP referred me to Dr Shukla.   I just prayed she would be good and put it into God's hands. 

I've got no idea about getting referrals out of certain areas.   I don't know how it works.  

My two cousins (one in Surrey and the other in Ireland) plus my sister in law in Kent have all had successful ops and we all had the same thing done.   They are 5 years, 11 years and 20 years with successful ops. 

If you know specifically of a good urogynae, maybe you could ask your GP to be referred to him/her .......see what your doctor says and if it can be done.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.