Cystocopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,does a cystocopy hurt,(probably spelt it wrong sorry)my daughter as got to have one,had a scan don't know what they found just a letter to say appointment had been made for this procedure,worried sick,

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, tell your daughter there's no pain. When the camera first enters the bladder it makes you jump but only for a moment. I have had many cystoscopies and the only time I had pain was when there was some hardening on the wall of the bladder but it was just momentary. Usually there's a TV screen in the examining room and your daughter will be able to watch what is going on in her bladder - fascinating.

Good luck

J X

• Posted

Hi jean thank you for your response,worried about hurting because she's suffering with burning sensation anyway.

• Posted

It depends on how good and careful the urologist is.  If your daughter is young, I would look for a center that does a lot of pediatric urology.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response,she is 21,let's hope and pray.

• Posted

Hi dawn, Ive got to have a cystoscopy too a week on Monday at 10.30am. Its a flexible cystoscopy so I understand they will numb my urethra with a gel first. I hope so anyway. Im not looking forward to it but I believe its over and done with quite quickly. Ive been told I will be at the hospital a couple of hours. They are going to see if they can find out why I have no bladder sensation (Cant feel when its full etc) and why I get urgency signals, also faulty signals to go to the ladies when I dont really need to, from my urethra. Time will tell. I am sure your daughter will be fine.
    • Posted

Hi thank you for comment,firstly I would like to wish you good luck for monday hope all goes well,my daughter started with a water infection and had antibiotics,she had 3different antibiotics over 5 weeks,urine samples kept coming back clear ,but she still gets symptoms of infection burning and painful,she as had a ultrasound scan and had appointment for a. Cystocopy,worried sick because don't know what they found on the scan and anxiety levels are through the roof at the minute,don't think she can take much more.

• Posted

Hi Dawn, Thank you for your message and kind words. I hope all goes well a week tomorrow too. Will be glad when its over and done with.

I really feel for your daughter with the water infection and having so many antibiotics over the space of 5 weeks, especially when the water samples were coming back clear. I know how she feels re the pain and burning. Ive had a lot of that too over the last few years. Re the ultra sound, when did she have it? Surely they would have told you by now if they had found anything on it. Anyway my fingers are crossed that they didnt find anything . I know its very difficult for you and your daughter but I am sure when she goes for the cystoscopy that the nurses will look after her really well. Me too. And it only takes a few minutes. But I totally sympathise with your situation and will be sending positive vibes your way.

• Posted

Hi Shirley,thank you for your kind words and support.Good luck from us both xx
    • Posted

Thank you Dawn. I am getting a bit apprehensive about Monday mornings procedure now. I just hope it will be over and done with very quickly. I have heard it is a very quick procedure so it should soon be sorted. Hope your daughter will be ok too. X x
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,hope your well and everything went well with procedure, can't wait for friday to be over,feeling very apprehensive for my daughter,I would take her place in a second,trying to stay positive for her.Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.