Cystoscopy 1 week ago - Still feeling pressure, irritation and uncomfortability.

Posted , 4 users are following.

18 y/o male. Alright so I had a cystoscopy done one week ago under a general anesthetic, and have since had an awful irritation in the area around my bladder. There is an uncomfortable pressure and irritation that is causing a feeling that I frequently need to urinate, and some pain every now and then. I can urinate reasonably normally but it feels a bit weird at times and can be a tiny bit difficult to get started.

I've had issues with similar circumstances in the past, and they are why I had this cystoscopy done, but these symptoms are worse, and different in a couple of ways (such as the pain sometimes). Something to note is that it generally feels better while walking but not always, and I belive neurofen has been helping keep it at bay a bit. What I'm concerned about is that one week down the track I've only shown maybe a bit of improvement, and I can still feel these symptoms a lot. Should I be concerned, and will these symptoms go away with time? Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Matt. Sorry to hear you are going through this. As you read in my post I experienced the same thing. It took me about 3 weeks to feel somewhat normal again after that cystoscopy. The ibuprofen did help a little the first week but I just sort of has to get through it. The urethra is definitely a one way track. Anything going up there is going to cause a ton of irritation. I was taking 2-3 Advils 3x a day for a week. You want to be careful with the pain killers as they can mess up your liver. I never had to use the Valium thankfully. Hope you get through this quickly. Hang in there.
  • Posted

Hi mate, sometimes after the cysto a water infection can follow. Sounds like the probable cause to me. I'd recommend seeing your gp who will probably prescribe antibiotics.

Hope this helps

Craig

• Posted

Perhaps nothing to worry about as it seems less problematic than for me after I had cystoscopy, and also after I had Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy. I was far worse than this both times., it was at least 2 weeks before I felt remotely comfortable, and 6+ weeks before able to ejaculate, even then that was painful at first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.