Cystoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a cystoscopy yesterday.I had a local anasthetic with a jelly substance used. It wasnt painful in the slightest and was no more uncomforable than a smear test.I actually have had smear tests that were more painful. It was over within minutes and I watched the procedure on the monitor as it was happening. I am a real wimp when it comes to pain and I did stress quite a lot before I went to have the cystoscopy, and I can honestly say the waiting to have it done is the worst part of it all. After the procedure it did sting quite a bit when I went for a wee and this happened for a few times after and then stopped. I drank lots of fluids as advised. The cystoscopy was because I keep having blood (microscopic) in my urine, however the results were clear and nothing was found through having the procedure.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a cystoscopy yesterday.I had a local anasthetic with a jelly substance used. It wasnt painful in the slightest and was no more uncomforable than a smear test.I actually have had smear tests that were more painful. It was over within minutes and I watched the procedure on the monitor as it was happening. I am a real wimp when it comes to pain and I did stress quite a lot before I went to have the cystoscopy, and I can honestly say the waiting to have it done is the worst part of it all. After the procedure it did sting quite a bit when I went for a wee and this happened for a few times after and then stopped. I drank lots of fluids as advised. The cystoscopy was because I keep having blood (microscopic) in my urine, however the results were clear and nothing was found through having the procedure.
  • Posted

I am going for a cystoscopy Wed coming and this post has been a comfort as I am not looking forward to this procedure one bit - I have a trace of blood in my urine

Thank you to the owner of the previous message

Ann

• Posted

I am so pleased i read your comments i am going on monday afternoon for a flexible cystoscopy and have scared stiff some people say its terrible but after reading your comments cant wait to get it over with Thanks
  • Posted

Had mine done 10 days ago now and it was fine no problems

Plucky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.